Document checklist question

Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road
Default Document checklist question

Hi,

I'm in the process of completing my application for permanent residency in Vancouver, Canada.
A couple of questions: (I've seen comments by people who say the CIC helpline is as useful as a chocolate teapot).

On the document checklist it says 'indication of status in Canada, eg visitor visa, work permit, temp resident permit and including out of status documentation'

When I arrived from London, UK, I did not fill out a temporary visitors permit form and just explained to immigration on arrival to canada that I had got married and my partner is Canadian by birth and wanted to come out after gettingarried to be with him and apply for residency at the same time, therefore he approved me a 6 month temporary visitor permit, he only stamped my passport showing the date I arrived and nothing else.

I have already photocopied that page and the main page of the passport will this suffice for the 'indication of status' or will I have to apply for a temporary visitor permit properly?

Secondly can I apply for a work permit at the same time or do I have to wait until my sponsor is approved and then apply?
We are applying for my permanent residency inbound but have put London uk as my visa office option.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 12:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Document checklist question

Hi

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
Hi,

I'm in the process of completing my application for permanent residency in Vancouver, Canada.
A couple of questions: (I've seen comments by people who say the CIC helpline is as useful as a chocolate teapot).

On the document checklist it says 'indication of status in Canada, eg visitor visa, work permit, temp resident permit and including out of status documentation'

When I arrived from London, UK, I did not fill out a temporary visitors permit form and just explained to immigration on arrival to canada that I had got married and my partner is Canadian by birth and wanted to come out after gettingarried to be with him and apply for residency at the same time, therefore he approved me a 6 month temporary visitor permit, he only stamped my passport showing the date I arrived and nothing else.

I have already photocopied that page and the main page of the passport will this suffice for the 'indication of status' or will I have to apply for a temporary visitor permit properly?

Secondly can I apply for a work permit at the same time or do I have to wait until my sponsor is approved and then apply?
We are applying for my permanent residency inbound but have put London uk as my visa office option.

1. Yes that is sufficient to show your status.
2. If you indicated that the processing office is London, then you either didn't use the correct package or used the out of Canada.
3. Are you intending to send the package to the following address"

In-Canada sponsorship
CPC ― Mississauga
P. O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 3A4

CIC may play nice and continue to process the application, although you selected London, or they may return it as incorrect.

4. You could have included an OWP request with the package, but you can't work until you receive 1st level approval, about 12 months, and then another 8 months for completion.

5. Most applicants with visitor visa exempt status use the "out of Canada" spousal application, 54 days, Mississauga for Approval/Refusal of the sponsorship and 11 months in London (most are much quicker) for 80% of the applications.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou for your reply.
We are applying inbound (I'm already in Canada) but did stress to my husband that we can apply outbound and will be quicker, we have not yet sent the forms off as I read a thread on here about the marriage certificate so I have asked my family to order one for me, otherwise I had the long marriage paper.
Otherwise yes we would have posted the already filled out 'inbound' application to the address you have mentioned.
On the document checklist it shows to post the application form to the address as you have mentioned.

I was going to print out the outbound application and send that off and it's not too late for me to do that either, I'm extremely bored and itching to work.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, do not apply outland! You will be waiting well over a year to get your PR, and you can't leave Canada while your application is in process. If you apply outland it gives you freedom to travel, and you will probably have your PR though inside of 8 months - have a look at the timeline in my signature for a more specific idea.

Seriously, there is just about no reason to apply inland... you can't apply for your work permit until you have sponsor approval through. Sponsor approval for inland applications I believe is currently taking 8ish months, then however long it takes for them to process your work permit on top of that... whereas outland you can have PR through and finished in the same amount of time or less.

I strongly, strongly, strongly suggest you apply outland.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Oh my goodness, do not apply outland! You will be waiting well over a year to get your PR, and you can't leave Canada while your application is in process. If you apply outland it gives you freedom to travel, and you will probably have your PR though inside of 8 months - have a look at the timeline in my signature for a more specific idea.

Seriously, there is just about no reason to apply inland... you can't apply for your work permit until you have sponsor approval through. Sponsor approval for inland applications I believe is currently taking 8ish months, then however long it takes for them to process your work permit on top of that... whereas outland you can have PR through and finished in the same amount of time or less.

I strongly, strongly, strongly suggest you apply outland.
1. I assume you mean don't apply inland spousal.
2. The posted first level approval for spouses In-Land is 12 months.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

I'm going to apply 'Outbound' I have all the documents they require (just need to wait for the proper marriage certificate they request rather than the long one), so I have time to fill the 'Outbound' forms in time for the certificate to come in the post and send it all of.
So outbound, quicker time line, quicker spousal approval and quicker to then apply for a work permit and the bonus being free to travel back home to uk whilst application is being processed?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

I'm going to apply 'Outbound' I have all the documents they require (just need to wait for the proper marriage certificate they request rather than the long one), so I have time to fill the 'Outbound' forms in time for the certificate to come in the post and send it all of.
So outbound, quicker time line, quicker spousal approval and quicker to then apply for a work permit and the bonus being free to travel back home to uk whilst application is being processed?
Yes, but you can't apply for a work permit without an out of Canada application. You will probably get your PR status before and in-Canada would have reached the 1st stage.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

That's very helpfull, I'll just have to sit tight and keep doing volunteering work.

One more thing I'm just reading the outbound application form, when they ask proof of keep in contact with your spouse/partner, for me personally we used to exchange emails and then I would always call my husband in Canada but using a Pre paid international phone card, I've never kept receipts of when I've topped it up nor have I kept a list of times I used to call him as it was more or less everyday and sometimes more than once a day. What can I do in regards to that? I still have the international phone card with me, but apart from our emails, I may have copies of my flights booked for previous trips I have made out to Canada but apart from that I don't have anything else.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:42 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

That's very helpfull, I'll just have to sit tight and keep doing volunteering work.

One more thing I'm just reading the outbound application form, when they ask proof of keep in contact with your spouse/partner, for me personally we used to exchange emails and then I would always call my husband in Canada but using a Pre paid international phone card, I've never kept receipts of when I've topped it up nor have I kept a list of times I used to call him as it was more or less everyday and sometimes more than once a day. What can I do in regards to that? I still have the international phone card with me, but apart from our emails, I may have copies of my flights booked for previous trips I have made out to Canada but apart from that I don't have anything else.

Photographs when you visited each other and went on holiday
Old Aug 14th 2014, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what pre-paid card you used but one I had here in Canada, I recharged on their website and could print off all my calls listing the cities, numbers, price and duration of each call.
You maybe could do the same.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

I have a uk tescos international phone card. I could try and see if my old network provider (O2) would have any copies of my phone bills but I've got a feeling that won't work as I cancelled with them before coming here in may 201 or see if tescos have any kind of records of when I topped up my card with credit.
I have some pics which I can copy and send with the forms.