Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:44 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Originally Posted by Kaye5
We have AOR, dated 2 June 2011.

Funnily enough, I thought I would be mega-excited, but the thought of the 2 year wait.....

Oddly, the letter still quotes 12 months with the request to contact them at 8 months if nothing heard.
Whoop whoop
Another stage completed... and onto the next...
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone - although must confess we are looking at alternatives. This summer was really our cut off date for being in Canada. Next summer we could do at a push. Then it becomes difficult due to our age and because where the kids will be in their education.

We are still leaving the application to run, but are no longer putting our lives on hold. We are looking in the UK and if we find somewhere we like, we will buy there and wait - if / when we get visas we will go if it still seems right, but if we have found somewhere and are content, then perhaps it wasn't meant to be.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Kaye5;9416692]We have AOR, dated 2 June 2011.

Funnily enough, I thought I would be mega-excited, but the thought of the 2 year wait.....

Oddly, the letter still quotes 12 months with the request to contact them at 8 months if nothing heard.

Great news Kaye5.....some progress for you at last!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:07 am
Just Joined

julievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nice

We have AOR, dated 2 June 2011.

Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:45 am
Just Joined

uk resident is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help as I am new to this....... and not sure if this refers but I have been told that family class applications for children sponsoring their parents are not now a priority and we have been given 44 months for the application process plus 24 for uk......... any help would be great and thanks in advance
Julia
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uk resident
Can anyone help as I am new to this....... and not sure if this refers but I have been told that family class applications for children sponsoring their parents are not now a priority and we have been given 44 months for the application process plus 24 for uk......... any help would be great and thanks in advance
Julia
You really should start another thread (I think another poster advised you this earlier). This thread (although I admit it doesn't say it, so may be confusing) refers to Federal Skilled Worker applications - therefore the times quoted in the posts are only for this stream.

If you start a new thread of your own, relating to parental sponsorship, you'll get info specific to your situation.

This thread is totally irrelevant to you as it's a different stream.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks and sorry to be a nuisance, how do I start a new thread
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

I think I have just sussed it now, thanks
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:44 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and sorry to be a nuisance, how do I start a new thread
For immigration related subjects...
  • Go to the Immigration Forum
  • Look for Threads in Forum : Immigration near the top and click on ...
  • Fill in a subject title like: Time to process for parental sponsorship?
  • Add your text in the main body and post.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:15 am
Just Joined

julievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nice

Woohoo!!, AOR arrived in the post this morning! 13 months since applying so only another 16 months to go. Hope....
Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by julievonz
Woohoo!!, AOR arrived in the post this morning! 13 months since applying so only another 16 months to go. Hope....
Congratulations! It always seems to be the same pattern, once one person gets one, a load more follow, so good luck for everyone else on this timeline.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received my AOR letter from london dated 06.06.2011, hopping to move to "In Process" soon...
Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AhmadQ
I just received my AOR letter from london dated 06.06.2011, hopping to move to "In Process" soon...
Can you please advise AOR?? not sure what this stands for, thanks (and congratulations)
kind regards
Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Can you please advise AOR?? not sure what this stands for, thanks (and congratulations)
kind regards
Acknowledgement Of Receipt. Basically they are confirming receipt of your application pack and you have joined the queue from hell.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Acknowledgement Of Receipt. Basically they are confirming receipt of your application pack and you have joined the queue from hell.
Har har! Queue from hell!!!

Congrats to all - we too received our AOR on Canada Day (1st July) so yep - movement is finally happening for us all on this timeline! Re-ignited my enthusiasm!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.