Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

The 'do you want you money back?' CHC letter...

The 'do you want you money back?' CHC letter...

Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default The 'do you want you money back?' CHC letter...

Just got mine yesterday from CHC. I'm not taking them up on it. Anyone else got their's, and anyone actually want their money back?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:13 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'do you want you money back?' CHC letter...

Hi have just seen your thread and I suppose like me you applied after February 27th when the new rules were implemented. As I live in Spain maybe the letter will take a lot longer to reach me. From what I understand though, it seems better to take the refund and then re-apply if your situation improves like a job offer in Canada itself. The only advantage I can think of for you is that you got your response quickly instead of waiting years.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:34 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

It was discussed here by some who have had it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552657
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

I've just looked at that thread, cheers. It seems - bizarrely - that even someone who applied last Autumn got one! Surely they'd come under the 'old' system so wouldn't need to receive one? (am assuming the only reason they send this letter is to incentivise people to withdraw their apps now if they don't want a really long wait?).

Anita
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Hi have just seen your thread and I suppose like me you applied after February 27th when the new rules were implemented. As I live in Spain maybe the letter will take a lot longer to reach me. From what I understand though, it seems better to take the refund and then re-apply if your situation improves like a job offer in Canada itself. The only advantage I can think of for you is that you got your response quickly instead of waiting years.
Nope, see the sig - Aug '07
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by seanyg
I've just looked at that thread, cheers. It seems - bizarrely - that even someone who applied last Autumn got one! Surely they'd come under the 'old' system so wouldn't need to receive one? (am assuming the only reason they send this letter is to incentivise people to withdraw their apps now if they don't want a really long wait?).

Anita
"incentivise" that really is an awful management speak word...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:28 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Nope, see the sig - Aug '07
It therefore seems they are now picking out applications before Feb 27th and asking if people want to be taken off their list as a way of reducing their backlog. What I find strange is that i have read articles on the web where they say that by 2020 Canada needs so many millions of extra people to help drive its economy forward but if they keep rejecting people where are all these extra people actually going to come from!!! They say they want desirable professionals such as Doctors and Engineers etc but i know of a number of Doctors here in Spain and England that live well and have no intention of emigration anywhere! So where are these Doctors for example going to come from Africa and Asia for example where anybody can buy a degree. I think not. To be fair the whole idea of rejecting applications when a country supposedly needs millions of new immigrants seems one big mystery to me:curse:
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
It therefore seems they are now picking out applications before Feb 27th and asking if people want to be taken off their list as a way of reducing their backlog. What I find strange is that i have read articles on the web where they say that by 2020 Canada needs so many millions of extra people to help drive its economy forward but if they keep rejecting people where are all these extra people actually going to come from!!! They say they want desirable professionals such as Doctors and Engineers etc but i know of a number of Doctors here in Spain and England that live well and have no intention of emigration anywhere! So where are these Doctors for example going to come from Africa and Asia for example where anybody can buy a degree. I think not. To be fair the whole idea of rejecting applications when a country supposedly needs millions of new immigrants seems one big mystery to me:curse:
Agreed. I think this is new to the simpilfied process though. One of the things with this way of doing it was that you could get your money back at any point before they actally start processing. They must have come to the realisation that they want people's money a little more badly than that, and have therefore set a limit to the amount of time they'll allow you to get the money back. I don't expect to hear anything about my application until at the earliest mid-2010, so this puts a stop to getting my money back between now and then.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:37 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Agreed. I think this is new to the simpilfied process though. One of the things with this way of doing it was that you could get your money back at any point before they actally start processing. They must have come to the realisation that they want people's money a little more badly than that, and have therefore set a limit to the amount of time they'll allow you to get the money back. I don't expect to hear anything about my application until at the earliest mid-2010, so this puts a stop to getting my money back between now and then.
That would probably seem to be the case as you are at the back end of the old processing rules. As for giving back peoples money are they really going to do this on all rejected applications, because if they do this it is going to run into hundreds of thousands of pounds if they are going to reject people by the thousands. What are they going to do? Send people cheques through the post for their refunds or in my case send a cheque to Spain in euros and with the pound so weak they are going to loose with the exchange rate. Imagine the time and manpower this will take. I think in the end they will not reject many applications for this reason but just give some people the option. I think in the end they will just leave people waiting in very long queues.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

"incentivise" that really is an awful management speak word...
isn't it? right up there with 'touch base' and 'blue sky thinking' and 'ducks in a row', hehe