Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DO YOU NEED YET MORE PHOTOS FOR LANDING?

DO YOU NEED YET MORE PHOTOS FOR LANDING?

Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default DO YOU NEED YET MORE PHOTOS FOR LANDING?

Im photo obsessed at the moment so forgive me

so once you have sent off passports with non shiney pics do you then still need yet another set for landing to go on your PR card??

Ive looked on the wiki and done the usual search but still unsure?

so in summary for landing

you need

proof of funds
bits of paper from chc
passport

anything else? and especially do you need more pics???
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:28 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DO YOU NEED YET MORE PHOTOS FOR LANDING?

Originally Posted by chumley
Im photo obsessed at the moment so forgive me

so once you have sent off passports with non shiney pics do you then still need yet another set for landing to go on your PR card??

Ive looked on the wiki and done the usual search but still unsure?

so in summary for landing

you need

proof of funds
bits of paper from chc
passport

anything else? and especially do you need more pics???
gosh i hope not.
im pretty sure the ones we sent for passports are the last ones!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:30 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think so, but I thought I have seen mentioned somewhere that people have needed photos, perhaps this was for WP peeps???

sorry, just probably confused things even more!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

just a quickie..even though we have been in Canada on TWP when we go to the POE to activate visa's do we still have to take proof of funds ? think i could just be having a blonde moment..as i wouldnt think we would need to as we are already here
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
just a quickie..even though we have been in Canada on TWP when we go to the POE to activate visa's do we still have to take proof of funds ? think i could just be having a blonde moment..as i wouldnt think we would need to as we are already here
We came in on PR and didn't need any more photos. When you send your PPR they ask for 4 photos and use them for the PR forms at immigration
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute

When we arrived on PRP they just asked us how much money in the bank - They took our word for it, didn't even want to see a statement. But we have heard that others have been held while they get statements verified.
We had to have additional photos when we arrived and they took them at the point of immigration because the ones we had originally provided (even though they were accepted back in the UK) had a hair out of the circle or the portion of chin was not exactly as it should have been. It wasn't an issue they seemed to be there to help us.
I think providing a verifiable address in Canada was a great help at the point of landing.
Bring as much proof of whatever you like but be aware many airlines are very strict on weight these days and wont allow you 10kg of paperwork as hand luggage no matter how important you think that paperwork is, they don't give a dam.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

thanks all

we are in canada so no prob re taking a rain forest of paper

4 photos's thought PPR asks for 2

I was longingly inspecting my friends PR card this week and this is why I asked the question re more pics required at the actual landing in addition to the 2 ( or 4) sent with PPR

ie if you dont take extra pics to the landing where does the pic come from that goes on your PR card?????
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:27 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
thanks all

we are in canada so no prob re taking a rain forest of paper

4 photos's thought PPR asks for 2

I was longingly inspecting my friends PR card this week and this is why I asked the question re more pics required at the actual landing in addition to the 2 ( or 4) sent with PPR

ie if you dont take extra pics to the landing where does the pic come from that goes on your PR card?????
It comes from your PR papers, they use it somehow!

We were advised to take an extra picture with us when we landed, just in the off chance the ones on the form weren't good enough...but we didn't need them.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

No pics needed when we landed. Hope they don't use the 1 on my paperwork that they sent me has it looks as though i have a mucky face

Didn't need them when we went to the border to get a twp either.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by deanjp32
No pics needed when we landed. Hope they don't use the 1 on my paperwork that they sent me has it looks as though i have a mucky face

Didn't need them when we went to the border to get a twp either.
huge thanks as always dean I was just about to PM you

bet you are all still on cloud 9
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Yeah but gonna come down with a bump on Monday when i start my new job
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:55 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but gonna come down with a bump on Monday when i start my new job
Great news, congrats Dean, good luck
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Nikki

Won't be long for you now!!!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:12 am

Thanks Nikki

Won't be long for you now!!!
I know see you soon