do we need a language test??

Old Sep 5th 2014, 12:28 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kellys247's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 83
kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default do we need a language test??

Having posted before and received great advice and support, id like to pick your brains further.
Situation is we have applied for nomination through Saskatchewan with skilled trade job offer, sent online application on 24th April of this year, email confirming received and "in process" in June.
End of july we received email asking for additional information (travel details, inacuracy with dates of employment and also asking for our language test results) we sent back a pdf format of travel details and a covering email stating the discrepancy was indeed a typing error on our behalf. We also stated that we were not aware we required language tests as both are British citizens, born here and speak fluent English.
We hav jus received another email again asking for the language test results and also asking us about the discrepancy's in employment dates?
Do we need to sit language tests and is it fair to assume that they don't read the emails, jus the attached PDF's?
Any help would be great thank you
kellys247 is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 12:58 pm
  #2  
Professional Cat herder
 
Zoe Bell's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: TORONTO- yay!!!
Posts: 5,707
Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

You need to check the actual requirements for the provincial nomination but do not assume that just because you were born in the UK that you can ignore the language requirements.

People applying under other streams have to prove language abilities and yes that might necessitate sitting a language test
Zoe Bell is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:34 pm
  #3  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Originally Posted by kellys247
Having posted before and received great advice and support, id like to pick your brains further.
Situation is we have applied for nomination through Saskatchewan with skilled trade job offer, sent online application on 24th April of this year, email confirming received and "in process" in June.
End of july we received email asking for additional information (travel details, inacuracy with dates of employment and also asking for our language test results) we sent back a pdf format of travel details and a covering email stating the discrepancy was indeed a typing error on our behalf. We also stated that we were not aware we required language tests as both are British citizens, born here and speak fluent English.
We hav jus received another email again asking for the language test results and also asking us about the discrepancy's in employment dates?
Do we need to sit language tests and is it fair to assume that they don't read the emails, jus the attached PDF's?
Any help would be great thank you
On the document checklist for the FSW (Trades) PR application it clearly says that you are required to submit the results of your language test.

It doesn't matter where you were born or how fluent you might be, it is a requirement so you have to comply.

Applying as a Skilled Tradesperson

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5750E.pdf
Proof of Language Proficiency
Original language proficiency test results for the principal applicant:

CELPIP (General test only);

IELTS (General Training test only); OR

TEF.
Note:
Language test results must not be older than two years upon the date of receipt at the CIO
As far as dates go, you must ensure that there are absolutely no gaps anywhere - and don't forget that London require you to go back to the age of 18 and not just the past 10 years.

Siouxie is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:34 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kellys247's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 83
kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Thank you, we will again read through the terms stated in the application, if a language test is indeed required, where could we get this done? We have tried google and nothing is showing up, we are in Scotland if that helps.
Also do you happen to know the time process of doin a language test?
Many thanks for your reply
kellys247 is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:38 pm
  #5  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Originally Posted by kellys247
Thank you, we will again read through the terms stated in the application, if a language test is indeed required, where could we get this done? We have tried google and nothing is showing up, we are in Scotland if that helps.
Also do you happen to know the time process of doin a language test?
Many thanks for your reply
It is required. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...s/language.asp

It's all on the CIC website - if you click on the links on the page below it will take you to the various testing bodies.



Language testing – Skilled trades
Siouxie is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:39 pm
  #6  
Professional Cat herder
 
Zoe Bell's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: TORONTO- yay!!!
Posts: 5,707
Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_sea...h_results.aspx

Googled ielts test scotland
Zoe Bell is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:40 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kellys247's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 83
kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Thanks siouxie, it looks like the travel details have been received ok, we detailed back to the age of 18yrs just to be on the safe side.
Its just the language test and the discrepancy in the dates that have been asked for again, my husband wrote on the email that the dates given on both work references were correct and it was a typo in the original application, we are just not certain if they read the covering email which would clear that request up, leaving only the language test.
Apologies if in sounding confusing, its hard to explain in writting lol
kellys247 is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:41 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kellys247's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 83
kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Thank you zoe bell, i will go on the website now � ����
kellys247 is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:44 pm
  #9  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Originally Posted by kellys247
Thanks siouxie, it looks like the travel details have been received ok, we detailed back to the age of 18yrs just to be on the safe side.
Its just the language test and the discrepancy in the dates that have been asked for again, my husband wrote on the email that the dates given on both work references were correct and it was a typo in the original application, we are just not certain if they read the covering email which would clear that request up, leaving only the language test.
Apologies if in sounding confusing, its hard to explain in writting lol
You are welcome.

You would be better off resubmitting the specific form(s) with the correct dates, that way there is no confusion.

Siouxie is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:47 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kellys247's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Regina SK
Posts: 83
kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need a language test??

Aaahhh ok that would prob make sense just submitting the work history form! Thanks for the tip! We will try that and hopefully finally have everything present and correct 😁
kellys247 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.