Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do we need to attach self-adderessed pre-paid envope with passport

Do we need to attach self-adderessed pre-paid envope with passport

Old May 20th 2009, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

srp353 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do we need to attach self-adderessed pre-paid envope with passport

Hi All,

Just wondering, Do we need to attach self-adderessed pre-paid envope with passport for passport to be returned quickly with shiny visa?

Thanks for your advice in advance.
Old May 20th 2009, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do we need to attach self-adderessed pre-paid envope with passport

I didn't bother, since they only ask for a self-addressed envelope, and many people here reported that courier labels/envelopes were just ignored. I didn't want to complicate or confuse matters.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

we've been advised to get an international pre-paid Canada Post envelope (obviously from within Canada) to avoid normal post delays.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

mitchyban is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
we've been advised to get an international pre-paid Canada Post envelope (obviously from within Canada) to avoid normal post delays.
I've had my passport request today, and was wondering about the pros and cons of sending it back through the mail. I'm staying with my wife in Canada at the moment, and we're planning on going back in July to visit the folks etc.

We did think about handing the passports in personally, but a trip to London from Edinburgh might not be the cheapest way to go about it, but i'm not too keen on sending my pp through the mail.

Have you had your passport back yet, and did CIC send it back through the mail?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

haven't had anything back yet.........

I did send it (to NY) express post, so I know it arrived the morning of 26th May. If (and that is a huge word in CIC speak!) they stick to their own timelines, they should 'turn them around' within 15 working days. That was up earlier this week. So keeping everything crossed they come back very very soon (I want to book flights!!!).
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I'm waiting for my PPR from Detroit right now... I'm going to use Fedex. Has anyone done this? On Detroit's website it says they won't accept it if you check "credit card" as payment method on the waybill... I have no idea why but would they accept it if i checked "cash" on the waybill? any advice appreciated

Last edited by kleinluka; Jun 19th 2009 at 2:17 am.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

I posted my passport off on Saturday June 13th using RoyalMail Special delivery - I needed to track it and have evidence it got there.

I included a self-addressed envelope for the return and made sure it was pre-paid Special Delivery as well. Again, so I can track it. I don't trust RoyalMail, but special delivery is pretty reliable.

abaddon
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

It took just 10 days for my passport to arrive from London, UK to Canada via CIC's postal method. I thought that was pretty quick! (Considering it was Royal Mail and Canada Post signed for. )
Old Jun 20th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

clactonlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
haven't had anything back yet.........

I did send it (to NY) express post, so I know it arrived the morning of 26th May. If (and that is a huge word in CIC speak!) they stick to their own timelines, they should 'turn them around' within 15 working days. That was up earlier this week. So keeping everything crossed they come back very very soon (I want to book flights!!!).
Hi Nicola, could you please let me no when you receive your passport back from NYC? I have also had to send my passport there and they received it on the 10th of June, so it would be interesting to compare timelines

Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've replied to your pm - but if you hear first, can you email me (I'll get that first!).

All the best x