Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do they ever tell you your points??

Do they ever tell you your points??

Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default Do they ever tell you your points??

hi guys,
just something that i've always wondered is if you ever find out how many points you were awarded by Immigration Canada?

the reason i ask is that i tried to claim points for English and French although i never did a language test for my French!

i simply put in a letter stating that i studied 7 years at secondary school and four years at uni which included living in France for 8 months in my 3rd year during which i was using French 90% of the time and watched tv and listened to the radio in french etc!

i know that everyone on here recommended i sat the exam but i figured as i had a job offer in Canada i didn't really need the points to hit the hit the pass mark!

i would still love to know if i was ever awared the points for my level of French just so i could let others know!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do they ever tell you your points??

ooooooooooooooohhh yes, they certainly do, and pray you don't ever get to find out, because if you do find out, your application will have been rejected!

In your case, they may ask for proof of language proficiency. If you can't prove it, no doubt they'll score you accordingly.

Bonne chance!!!

Last edited by spaceace; Feb 15th 2010 at 11:21 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do they ever tell you your points??

You wont get points for languages without proof of proficiency so expect a request for test results or a refusal letter setting out the points they calculated. If you pass selection you will not get any point information.