Do I tell the truth ???

Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I tell the truth ???

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I don't know them either. I was allowing for more than one possibility because of that.

Sorry...I don't mean that to sound like a dig at you.
thats OK, I dont feel dug at all

Originally Posted by dbd33
That may be the case but they gave my OH a study permit to take the chef's course at the George Brown community college despite her already having a masters degree, so they're pretty lax about wanting there to be an obvious career path associated with the course of study.
I suppose all this lot proves is that you cant second guess the mystery that is CIC.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

ill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all your help I'm almost done with it
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice

Sorry to hijack but I am in a similar situation. I am about to apply for my study permit commecing Fall 09 at Capilano University (Paralegal programme) 2.5 year duration. I am looking to do this course and hope to settle in Canada afterwards. I have been told that there is a huge need for Paralegals in BC.
Do I tell the truth? I have loads of family here as does my husband, I have always been told that I need to convince them I want to come back, even though I know I don't.
I'm confused...
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

I don't think they would mind if you want to settle there legally , that's why they have work permit, and PR visas for, they only don't want you to settle with your study permit your applying for this time, so yeah if you get a job you want to settle, if you don't your going back home, that's what they want to hear, so showing ties with home is always a good idea, but showing intention to settle down if you obtain the proper visa should not be a problem, other wise they will deny visit visas to all people who applied for PR, which obviously they don't.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

mtbFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin
Sorry to hijack but I am in a similar situation. I am about to apply for my study permit commecing Fall 09 at Capilano University (Paralegal programme) 2.5 year duration. I am looking to do this course and hope to settle in Canada afterwards. I have been told that there is a huge need for Paralegals in BC.
Do I tell the truth? I have loads of family here as does my husband, I have always been told that I need to convince them I want to come back, even though I know I don't.
I'm confused...
Hi Again
Unfortunately i dont think saying you have family will cut it with the CIC. Although Canada wants the skilled workers the way in which you are getting there isnt entirely meant as a way of immigration. You shouldnt have intent to stay when implementing a study visa. A few things that i would probably try would be cost.
Courses i have scene Douglas College etc in Vancouver cost less then studying here in the UK. I think it was £2700 for international students and studying at Uni in the UK is now £3200. Cost of living can also be a bit cheaper aswell.
Its also difficult with the course you are doing. People can also try to get a job offer that will commence in the UK on such and such a day in the UK on completion of the course.
If you have any further questions let me know. Also how much do Capilano College charge for these courses. Are they the full 10,000 a year.
Thanks
mtbFreak
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice

Hi

I think it would be impossible for me to get a job offer as I will be away for at least 2.5 years, I don't know of anyone that would hire me that far in the future.

I have my family here but other than that I don't have any other reason to return. I could easily get a job as a Paralegal or Legal Administrator in the UK if I had to, but this would only be when I return.

Capilano is costing the full whack, will be almost $26,000, but it has by far the best reputation and I wanted to make sure I went to the best place that would give me the best prospects.

I can't afford to go to University here as at present I have a mortgage and can't afford to stop full time work to go and study. In Canada we will be much better off financially as we will be starting afresh. I have secured loans etc that I wil be able to pay off once our house is sold.