Do I still qualify

Old May 4th 2019, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Elnino05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I still qualify

Hi Everyone,

My husband got a job in Uk and he would like to take up the opportunity. Invariably, this means relocating to Uk. Myself and kids qualify for citizenship in July. We would have spent 1,095 days.

Can I put in my application and leave for England? I was thinking I could fly down for the test and citizenship ceremony when the time comes.

Has anyone done this? Is there any implications? Do I still qualify?

Thank you
Old May 4th 2019, 6:49 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I still qualify

Old May 4th 2019, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elnino05
Hi Everyone,

My husband got a job in Uk and he would like to take up the opportunity. Invariably, this means relocating to Uk. Myself and kids qualify for citizenship in July. We would have spent 1,095 days.

Can I put in my application and leave for England? I was thinking I could fly down for the test and citizenship ceremony when the time comes.

Has anyone done this? Is there any implications? Do I still qualify?

Thank you
You can, by the link provided, and my husband did - the downside is that you have little notice of the dates for test and ceremony - they send a date and it seems extremely difficult to change it. Just worth bearing in mind.
Old May 4th 2019, 3:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958

the downside is that you have little notice of the dates for test and ceremony - they send a date and it seems extremely difficult to change it.
This!

If you look look at the citizenship application timelines thread, you will see that a lot of people get a months notice for test although recently one person was given 2 weeks notice
Old May 5th 2019, 5:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canad...ng_application