Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do I need to go to a local Immi Centre to pick up my PR card?

Do I need to go to a local Immi Centre to pick up my PR card?

Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Do I need to go to a local Immi Centre to pick up my PR card?

Do I need to go to a local Immigration Centre to pick up my PR card? I am getting two different answers.

A page that is handed to me at the port of entry (attached here) says I need to go to the local immigration office, but the link below says they will mail it to the address provided.

http://www.immigroup.com/permanent_r...t_card/faq.php (Q no. 17).

Those of you who arrived Canada recently as PR, did you have to go to your local immigration centre to pick up your PR card? I am not in Canada at the moment and would like to know how it works. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Do I need to go to a local Immi Centre to pick up my PR card?-info4prpage1.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to go to a local Immi Centre to pick up my PR card?

As far as I know you should receive it by post after you land.
I landed inside Canada at my local immigration office and they still had to send off for it.

hope this helps
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rixy
As far as I know you should receive it by post after you land.
I landed inside Canada at my local immigration office and they still had to send off for it.

hope this helps

So, they mailed the card to your home instead of asking you to come back in a later date to pick it up in their office?

Could anybody else please share his/her experience regarding PR card (mailed to your address OR asked to pick up)?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:12 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they mailed it if it was issued at a point of entry, but Im not sure.

Moving this to immigration in hopes of expert advice....