Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

do I need to declare previously undeclared work experience?

do I need to declare previously undeclared work experience?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do I need to declare previously undeclared work experience?

Hi Mr Miller,

I am scheduled for interview, and I have recently found some documents to prove my previous work experiences which I did not declare before, since firstly they were not related to my current IT position (I am not going to get any points from them, anyway, I have enough number of years with my IT), and because when I updated last year (IRPA) I could not find any proof for them. Also, they were only part time work (crew for fastfood chains). During the interview, I shall be submitting newly filled-up application forms. Do I include them? Is there a negative effect that I did not declare them before, and will do so now? I want to prove to them that I do not have anything to hide, just that without the recently found documents, I already forgot the dates I worked for them (14 years ago). Will they accept that reason and be understanding? Or will not declaring them anymore be better for me?

Another question, I found that in the job description I submitted, I had a mistake in typing the date of two trainings I had, so it doesn't match the date in my certificate. I have already talked to the training institutions where I was trained, got the name and contact details of the persons who the Embassy can contact to validate that my trainings were authentic. Will that be ok, or will the embassy be so strict as to reject my application because of an honest mistake? I also plan to point this error during the interview.

From your other posts, you always said that we should be honest. I want to do that, but are the visa oficers really as understanding as you picture them to be? Please help, this interview is my last chance, I don't want to blow it.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: do I need to declare previously undeclared work experience?

You have no idea how far honesty can take you. Just tell the truth.

Originally Posted by lancesan
Hi Mr Miller,

I am scheduled for interview, and I have recently found some documents to prove my previous work experiences which I did not declare before, since firstly they were not related to my current IT position (I am not going to get any points from them, anyway, I have enough number of years with my IT), and because when I updated last year (IRPA) I could not find any proof for them. Also, they were only part time work (crew for fastfood chains). During the interview, I shall be submitting newly filled-up application forms. Do I include them? Is there a negative effect that I did not declare them before, and will do so now? I want to prove to them that I do not have anything to hide, just that without the recently found documents, I already forgot the dates I worked for them (14 years ago). Will they accept that reason and be understanding? Or will not declaring them anymore be better for me?

Another question, I found that in the job description I submitted, I had a mistake in typing the date of two trainings I had, so it doesn't match the date in my certificate. I have already talked to the training institutions where I was trained, got the name and contact details of the persons who the Embassy can contact to validate that my trainings were authentic. Will that be ok, or will the embassy be so strict as to reject my application because of an honest mistake? I also plan to point this error during the interview.

From your other posts, you always said that we should be honest. I want to do that, but are the visa oficers really as understanding as you picture them to be? Please help, this interview is my last chance, I don't want to blow it.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: do I need to declare previously undeclared work experience?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You have no idea how far honesty can take you. Just tell the truth.
Thank you, Mr. Miller, I feel so much better now. You're heaven sent!