Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do I Need To Add Step-Children On PR Application?

Do I Need To Add Step-Children On PR Application?

Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of
Default Do I Need To Add Step-Children On PR Application?

We plan to go out on a student visa in my husbands name and I am going to apply for PR. If the PR application is in my name, do I have to add my 3 stepchildren - ages 18, 16 and 13 to the application? I don't think they would bother to turn up for the medical, so I'd rather leave them off if I can.

Last edited by sparkling_gal; Jan 31st 2010 at 6:05 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I Need To Add Step-Children On PR Application?

Yes, because they are your spouse's children.

Application for permanant residence page 2

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...mm0008egen.pdf

"You must provide the following details of all your family members whether or not they will be accompanying you. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all of your *dependant children and those of your spouse ... if they are not already permanant residents or citizens of Canada."

*Dependent children: Refers to the children of the principal applicant or of the principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner.

...Be under the age of 22 and not have a spouse or common-law partner

Section B of the background information:

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5406E.pdf

"Children: ....including step children regardless of age or place of residence."

They are required to have a medical even if they are non-accompanying.