Do DMPs take credit/debit cards?

Old May 22nd 2011, 3:36 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Do DMPs take credit/debit cards?

Just wondered if we can pay for our medicals using a credit/debit card? I know the hospital in Glasgow that we have our x-rays at accept all major credit and debit cards but not sure about the main bit of our medicals. It makes me nervous to have to wander around with that much cash in my pocket
Old May 22nd 2011, 3:54 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do DMPs take credit/debit cards?

There is no reason why they should not so it will be the individual DMP's decision.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by engineer80
Just wondered if we can pay for our medicals using a credit/debit card? I know the hospital in Glasgow that we have our x-rays at accept all major credit and debit cards but not sure about the main bit of our medicals. It makes me nervous to have to wander around with that much cash in my pocket

ours took debit cards. Giving them a call is probably your best bet.
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Neidpath is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by engineer80
When we had our medicals ( however this was 2003, Nuffield hospital in Glasgow) We paid the xrays and lab tests to the hospital using either a debit or credit card, but I distinctly remember the doctor wanting to be paid for the actual medical examinations in cold hard cash!
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:54 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Neidpath
When we had our medicals ( however this was 2003, Nuffield hospital in Glasgow) We paid the xrays and lab tests to the hospital using either a debit or credit card, but I distinctly remember the doctor wanting to be paid for the actual medical examinations in cold hard cash!
Yes I think I remember reading that on here somewhere which is what prompted me to ask the question but I can't seem to find the thread I think I'll phone them tomorrow to find out.
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:25 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when I phoned to book a medical I was told I had to pay for it, and the X-ray's in cash, and so they informed me how much it was up-front.

I can only think that it's because this type of thing isn't usually covered by medical insurance, or OHIP (If in Ontario), and most things are usually covered by that and so they might not be setup to take payments (seems a little odd, but possible)
Old May 23rd 2011, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

We had to pay over the phone at time of booking, it was non-refundable!!

X-rays, we just payed at the hospital on the day.

Good luck!
Old May 23rd 2011, 5:53 pm
Done!

Ok, so I phoned today and they do accept all major debit and credit cards We may just go ahead and use our credit card because we will earn airmiles which will be handy for when we move