Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do CIC London send out letters by registered mail?

Old May 21st 2011, 8:26 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do CIC London send out letters by registered mail?

The reason I ask is because we've been away for a few weeks and on returning there was a registered letter slip waiting for us. But the local post office only keep the letters for 6 days and had returned the letter to the sender. We were not expecting any registered mail from anywhere.. so could it be CIC and have we possibly missed something?
Old May 21st 2011, 11:02 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do CIC London send out letters by registered mail?

Originally Posted by james.mc
The reason I ask is because we've been away for a few weeks and on returning there was a registered letter slip waiting for us. But the local post office only keep the letters for 6 days and had returned the letter to the sender. We were not expecting any registered mail from anywhere.. so could it be CIC and have we possibly missed something?
We had our passports returned by registered mail. Everything else came by email.

How annoying for you, that it got returned. I bet its driving you crazy, wondering who it was from. Is there no way to find out from the post office?
Old May 21st 2011, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

All our mail came by standard post, nothing registered (one passport with corrected visa came by registered mail because we sent a pre-paid envelope and we collected our passports first time round).
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:13 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses.

We are in Portugal, so the post office works a little differently (to be polite).

We only went into process in the last few weeks (not sure when) so nothing has been sent off. I would guess the next thing we would hope to get is medical requests as they already have updated Police clearance certs.

Yep! I'd rest a lot easier if some family member popped up and said.. "Oh! did you get that registered letter we sent?"
Old May 22nd 2011, 3:06 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

The only time I have heard of anything being sent by registered mail is if you had sent original documents with your application that you wanted returning. However, if you are in Portugal, then they have probably sent you a registered mail letter to be safe. Hope it's medical requests!
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:01 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by engineer80
Hope it's medical requests!
Thanks for that.
Personally I hope it's not medical requests or anything to do with CIC, as I can see it being a real pain to a) inquire as to whether they have sent a request and b) get an answer to a) and c)get them to resend anything

However I am rapidly seeing the need to ask them via a case specific email.

email notification would be preferred by us.