Do CHC withdraw medical request?

Old May 11th 2009, 9:31 pm
Heading to toronto or cal

joycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to all
Default Do CHC withdraw medical request?

Hello All,

I received my medical request from CHC london on saturday (9/5/09) but I am very worried now.

I only recently submitted my IELTS result (14points based on the new chart) to the CHC despite not been asked, as I thought that would quicken the process (I initially submitted a written documentation as prove of my english). I took the IELTS test based on the advice given on the CHC website that it is strongly recommended for applicants whose first language is not english. As my native language is not english, I therefore decided to take the test on 18/4/09 and play safe.

Looking at the medical form, I realised the accompanied letter was dated 5/5/09, which was the date I posted the IELTS result to CHC London. I tracked the document thru the Royal Mail and realised it was signed for at CHC London on the 6/5/09. My fear now is, will CHC changed their mind if they reassess my application and think that I have only got 12 points (if they use the old chart). I need 14 points to make the pass mark of 67 points and it looks like the visa officer has already awarded me the 14 points based on the document I submitted initially.

Do CHC withdraw medical request? Please any advice will be highly welcome before I lose my mind.

Also can I undertake the medical anywhere in the country. My residential address is in Basingstoke but I am currently in Manchester for the next couple of weeks and infact I have been able to get an appointment at Altrincham medical centre for the test. The accompanied letter states that medical should be done in your local area. Do you think I should go to a medical centre around Basingstoke for the test?

Thx
Joycejimi
Old May 12th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: Do CHC withdraw medical request?

Originally Posted by joycejimi
Hello All,

I received my medical request from CHC london on saturday (9/5/09) but I am very worried now.

I only recently submitted my IELTS result (14points based on the new chart) to the CHC despite not been asked, as I thought that would quicken the process (I initially submitted a written documentation as prove of my english). I took the IELTS test based on the advice given on the CHC website that it is strongly recommended for applicants whose first language is not english. As my native language is not english, I therefore decided to take the test on 18/4/09 and play safe.

Looking at the medical form, I realised the accompanied letter was dated 5/5/09, which was the date I posted the IELTS result to CHC London. I tracked the document thru the Royal Mail and realised it was signed for at CHC London on the 6/5/09. My fear now is, will CHC changed their mind if they reassess my application and think that I have only got 12 points (if they use the old chart). I need 14 points to make the pass mark of 67 points and it looks like the visa officer has already awarded me the 14 points based on the document I submitted initially.

Do CHC withdraw medical request? Please any advice will be highly welcome before I lose my mind.

Also can I undertake the medical anywhere in the country. My residential address is in Basingstoke but I am currently in Manchester for the next couple of weeks and infact I have been able to get an appointment at Altrincham medical centre for the test. The accompanied letter states that medical should be done in your local area. Do you think I should go to a medical centre around Basingstoke for the test?

Thx
Joycejimi
Hi

im sorry but i cannot answer your query about the IELTS info you sent and the points system..but if you have the official paperwork from chc that tells you to get your meds done and it has your file number on then you can go to any of the DMP's that are on the designated list. there have been others on BE that have travelled the length of the country for various reasons. we went to the altribcham practice in manchester..very good experience and results were sent to london within 10 days.

good luck.
kae