Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do any new 38 occupation list fulfill specific IELTS requirement?

Wikiposts

Do any new 38 occupation list fulfill specific IELTS requirement?

Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough
Default Do any new 38 occupation list fulfill specific IELTS requirement?

I'd read an article in an Chinese language newspaper in Canada, they written that "Chef and Cook require IELTS 7", why they have such quotation? Do anyone know the fact? Thank you!

Here is the newspaper:
http://www.worldjournal.com/wj-to-ne...seq_id=1810678
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Do any new 38 occupation list fulfill specific IELTS requirement?

I think they wanted to say you still have to reach the pass mark (67), so being on the list itself is not a guarantee and you would be expected to submit proof of English language i.e IELTS but I don't think there is a requirement of a specific score but to reach 67 you probably would need a score of 7 or close to 7 anyway.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

There seems to be some confusion here, but the statement that cooks require an IELTS score of 7 is definitely wrong.

a) If applying under FSW as a cook, which is one of the eligible occupations, a score of 67 points is required.

b) If applying under CEC, since it is a job at Level B, an IELTS score of 5 in each ability will do.

Below is text copied from the CEC Instruction Guide

"If you have qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A of NOC, you must meet a language requirement of benchmark:
7 or higher for each of the language abilities, or
6 for any one of the language abilities, 7 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 8 or higher for the remaining ability,

If you have qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Level B of NOC, you must meet a language requirement of benchmark:
5 or higher for each of those abilities, or
4 for any one of those abilities, 5 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 6 or higher for the remaining ability,"
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
There seems to be some confusion here, but the statement that cooks require an IELTS score of 7 is definitely wrong.

a) If applying under FSW as a cook, which is one of the eligible occupations, a score of 67 points is required.

b) If applying under CEC, since it is a job at Level B, an IELTS score of 5 in each ability will do.

Below is text copied from the CEC Instruction Guide

"If you have qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A of NOC, you must meet a language requirement of benchmark:
7 or higher for each of the language abilities, or
6 for any one of the language abilities, 7 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 8 or higher for the remaining ability,

If you have qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Level B of NOC, you must meet a language requirement of benchmark:
5 or higher for each of those abilities, or
4 for any one of those abilities, 5 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 6 or higher for the remaining ability,"
May I ask you, what is the English Requirement of new FSW of 0213, Computer manager? Thank you!

I also want to ask, if 0213 apply CEC, do it mean it should IELTS be 6.5 listen/6 speak/6 write/5.5 read, or, 5.5 listen or 5.0 read or 5.5 write or 5.5 speak and 2 of 6.5 listen/6 speak/6 write/5.5 read and one of 7.5 listen/6.5 read/6.5 write/6.5 speak?

Last edited by immigrants; Nov 30th 2008 at 4:10 am.