Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do all applications now have to go to Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Un

Do all applications now have to go to Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Un

Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do all applications now have to go to Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Un

Our business applcation submitted according to all instructions on the CIC website has been rejected and we are told must submit to This Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Unit in NS Canada.

Quote " According to instructions published in the Canada Gazette November 28 2008 " So where is all this on the website then??

The cover letter with rejected info is for skilled workers anyway, not business applications so now have no idea what we are supposed to do.

Dont want to waste another month sending it off on another goose chase again.

Someone must know whats going on??
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:43 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do all applications now have to go to Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake U

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Our business applcation submitted according to all instructions on the CIC website has been rejected and we are told must submit to This Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Unit in NS Canada.

Quote " According to instructions published in the Canada Gazette November 28 2008 " So where is all this on the website then??

The cover letter with rejected info is for skilled workers anyway, not business applications so now have no idea what we are supposed to do.

Dont want to waste another month sending it off on another goose chase again.

Someone must know whats going on??
Its only for Skilled Worker applications. I can only think that one of 2 things happened:

1) You ticked the wrong box under application Category so they thought it was a Skilled Worker application

2) The Visa Office made a mistake
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do all applications now have to go to Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake U

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
Its only for Skilled Worker applications. I can only think that one of 2 things happened:

1) You ticked the wrong box under application Category so they thought it was a Skilled Worker application

2) The Visa Office made a mistake

I kept a copy of the application, I have not ticked the wrong box.

It does appear they have made an error, however I have had no success in getting them to reply to me.

Application static, plonked on my desk. Imagine if I had sent the lot to Nova Scotia on their advice, this is such a waste of valuable time

EDIT: Didnt finish reply got called away. Thanks Paul for the reply, Wondering as it looks like they wont reply to queries, should I just send it to them again, with a huge cover letter stating BUSINESS application.

Last edited by jad n rich; Jul 9th 2009 at 12:56 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:00 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I kept a copy of the application, I have not ticked the wrong box.

It does appear they have made an error, however I have had no success in getting them to reply to me.

Application static, plonked on my desk. Imagine if I had sent the lot to Nova Scotia on their advice, this is such a waste of valuable time

EDIT: Didnt finish reply got called away. Thanks Paul for the reply, Wondering as it looks like they wont reply to queries, should I just send it to them again, with a huge cover letter stating BUSINESS application.
It could be that the Sydney, Australia visa office are receiving a high volume of applications that should have been sent to Sydney, NS instead and are being over-zealous in responding to applicants telling them to forward to NS. Perhaps a covering letter with "Business Class" in extremely large typeface will do the trick as you suggest!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:13 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps add "business application" to the outside of the envelope too, I know for PNP applications they request that you do this, no harm, hopefully someone will actually check the contents before sending it back to you

Good luck
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks to the guys who replied about this.

Finally got an email back today, confirms we indeed sent it to the correct place and an apology from them for sending it back.

Well that was a nice stressful start to the application process