Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DMP (Designated Medical Practioner) - Feedback

DMP (Designated Medical Practioner) - Feedback

Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:27 pm
mmj
Forum Regular

mmj is on a distinguished road
Default DMP (Designated Medical Practioner) - Feedback

Just wanted to add a post re; DMP in Calgary.

I chose Dr. Michele Moss - she is in the medical centre in SuperStore in Deerfoot Meadows.

I picked her name from the CIC list at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...tryName=Canada

I just wanted to make a comment that she made the whole experience way way better than we had thought it would be!

Myself, husband, and 3 year old were examined, and my twin 10 month olds were also in the room!
It was pretty crazy - but Michele is a true professional and a genuinely nice person - she took it all in her stride, and is amazing with the kids.

I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for suggestions for DMPs in Calgary.

I literally made the decision on DMP based on geography - but I thought somebody one day might read this post and feel a little more confident going forward.

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

nayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant future
Default Re: DMP (Designated Medical Practioner) - Feedback

Hi mmj

Thanks for the info. We have 2 children and are waiting for medical requests hopefully if all paperwork is satisfactory. We are in Auburn Bay CGY since Jul 08 and I have a list of DMPs in calgary and was not sure which one to choose. Did you have to wait for an appt? Also if you don't mind what docs did you require for the medicals?
Good luck with your final stage of PR.
thanks
helen&anil
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:37 am
mmj
Forum Regular

mmj is on a distinguished road

Hey there! - Quick reply since small child crawling underfoot, other small child yelling to be let out of high chair, and bigger child climbing on table as I type...

Wait of about 3/4 weeks - but that was sort of over holiday period...
Docs required were immig forms, 4 photos each, passports as ID and payment.
If you phone Dr Moss' line - there is a great message telling you a bunch of details like how long it will take and how much etc.

Good luck to you too!!!

Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Did she look like she would notice if a 5 year old had cerebral palsy? I'm preferably looking for a DMP who may be slightly senile, but extremely friendly... i'm open to travel for the right person...

... kidding btw

que sera sera, or however you spell it. glad it went well!