DIY Shipping companies

Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough
Default DIY Shipping companies

My husband and I are due to move around the begining of March. (or rather I am moving at the begining of March my husband leaves on Thursday )
We are not a staright forward shippin as along with our house contents we are also brining 2 tractors, quad, garden tractor and various tool boxes and tactor implements so the usual companies wont touch us.
We have packed our house up ourselves and are just looking for a company that we can load and unload the container ourselves.
My husband has loaded containers with tractors in the past for export so he knows just how clean everything has to be and beleive me for 6 and 7 year old tractors they look like new.
We are looking for a 45 foot high cube from Ayr Scotland to Virden Manitoba (door to door with proper machinery loading banks at both ends) any help / advie or conatcts would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 5:14 am
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice
Default Re: DIY Shipping companies

Hello 'The Logans ' and fellow ayrshire folks,

My husbands brother in law and sister own a company called SBS AYRSHIRE and although they mainly deal with process equiptment they have many contacts and often have to deal with containers for shipment etc and decontamination of the equiptment.
It might be worth contacting them and asking if they can assist you in any way, even if its only where to get your containers from.
I hope this helps......heres the link to their website

http://www.sbsayrshire.com/

Have you received any ppr yet ?
This wait is driving me insane.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough

Hi Murrin
Thanks.
No PPR yet, although someone told me that for PNP its SUPPOSED to be around 4 weeks from med to PPR. But who knows - nothing for us has gone as timelines suggested at the start!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:51 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Logans
My husband and I are due to move around the begining of March. (or rather I am moving at the begining of March my husband leaves on Thursday )
We are not a staright forward shippin as along with our house contents we are also brining 2 tractors, quad, garden tractor and various tool boxes and tactor implements so the usual companies wont touch us.
We have packed our house up ourselves and are just looking for a company that we can load and unload the container ourselves.
My husband has loaded containers with tractors in the past for export so he knows just how clean everything has to be and beleive me for 6 and 7 year old tractors they look like new.
We are looking for a 45 foot high cube from Ayr Scotland to Virden Manitoba (door to door with proper machinery loading banks at both ends) any help / advie or conatcts would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your tractor's. If Customs opens the conatiner and say they want them cleaned, then it wont matter how bright and hiney they are it will cost a small fortune to get it......be prepared
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:58 am
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Hi Murrin
Thanks.
No PPR yet, although someone told me that for PNP its SUPPOSED to be around 4 weeks from med to PPR. But who knows - nothing for us has gone as timelines suggested at the start!
We went through Ainp :
our meds were requested the same month processing had started (June 2010),medicals were mailed to Ottawa 21st July,ropf request was 25th november and then on 28th december our ecas updated to 'medical results were received'.
So for us, since meds, we are on our 6th month waiting on ppr.
Manitoba may be different right enough.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:52 am
Just Joined

paul n sue is an unknown quantity at this point

try KFL Shipping Services we did a self pack 20ft container, did a great job for us , mainly does commercial work but does the odd household container so may be able to help with machinery loading etc.