Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DIY Express Entry Profile for Federal Workers

DIY Express Entry Profile for Federal Workers

Old Nov 20th 2018, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

malithdisala is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile DIY Express Entry Profile for Federal Workers

Hi Members,

good day and thank you for reading this. appropriate all of your contribution and help in this forum.

i am from sri lanka and me and my spouse both are qualified (at master's degree) from uk. we met a consultant who confirmed us that we are eligible to apply for federal express entry programme. but he charges CAD10,000.00 for his services (including official programme fees) then i was made to realize on the Canadian immigration website (www.canada.ca) you can do it at almost 1/3 cost. so, i a thinking of applying DIY for my express entry profile on the website and i have two major questions.

01- me and my wife have not completed our IELTS. is it possible to create an express profile with pending results?
02- is there anyone who has done their visa DIY? if so i would like to hear your experience.
Thank you,
Old Nov 20th 2018, 11:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY Express Entry Profile for Federal Workers

Hi, welcome to BE. The vast majority of people on the forum have done their own visa applications, there really is no need to use a consultant unless you have complicated circumstances. And particularly not one proposing to charge such a crazy amount of money!

You can't apply for EE without IELTS, it's mandatory, so you need that first (along with your ECA). What do you estimate your CRS score to be?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE. The vast majority of people on the forum have done their own visa applications, there really is no need to use a consultant unless you have complicated circumstances. And particularly not one proposing to charge such a crazy amount of money!

You can't apply for EE without IELTS, it's mandatory, so you need that first (along with your ECA). What do you estimate your CRS score to be?
Hi,
thank you for your fast reply my CRS is 473
Old Nov 20th 2018, 11:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malithdisala
Hi,
thank you for your fast reply my CRS is 473
OK, so you're scoring enough to get an ITA straight away which is great. Unless you do have complicated circumstances (criminal record, medical issues etc) then there's no reason at all for you to use a consultant. Just get cracking with your IELTS and ECA, and you could have PR by next summer!

Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 11:23 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Yes, the consultants charges are way too high!!

Check your CRS score via the official site:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

I would get some study material for the IELTS also. If you've studied in the UK coming from Sri Lanka then you've probably done the Academic version of IELTS to get your UK university place.

The process is not that hard once you get your head around it. Have a look at the official site and read up.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...te-canada.html
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

OK, so you're scoring enough to get an ITA straight away which is great. Unless you do have complicated circumstances (criminal record, medical issues etc) then there's no reason at all for you to use a consultant. Just get cracking with your IELTS and ECA, and you could have PR by next summer!

Good luck.
Hi
That sounds wonderful and hopeful as well.
many thanks for your help knowledge and reply
is there anything special i should know before submitting my EE
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck.
Hi,
could you let me know how can i get my ECA done?

i'm in Sri Lanka what is the process?

Thank you
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by malithdisala
Hi,
could you let me know how can i get my ECA done?

i'm in Sri Lanka what is the process?

Thank you
Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?

HTH.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you again