Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dilemma, Help Advice needed please!

Dilemma, Help Advice needed please!

Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

minxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really nice
Default Dilemma, Help Advice needed please!

Hi I have a dilemma, I have been given a telephone number for some one at the CIC London visa office, I spoke to this visa officer just about 1 year ago, as (cut along story short) my post from CIC London was being sent to an address in Canada, not even my address, as I live here in uk. So got this phone number rang it and got through to head of section, he was very helpful in correcting their mistake.

My dilemma is should I call this person again, as he was very helpful, but did ask how I got his number and said that I should not really be calling on his number, So should I call him again? I have been waiting patiently for an update from London as to my son medical furtherance, and the progress of my application, been in this process since Sept 2006.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma, Help Advice needed please!

Originally Posted by minxymel
Hi I have a dilemma, I have been given a telephone number for some one at the CIC London visa office, I spoke to this visa officer just about 1 year ago, as (cut along story short) my post from CIC London was being sent to an address in Canada, not even my address, as I live here in uk. So got this phone number rang it and got through to head of section, he was very helpful in correcting their mistake.

My dilemma is should I call this person again, as he was very helpful, but did ask how I got his number and said that I should not really be calling on his number, So should I call him again? I have been waiting patiently for an update from London as to my son medical furtherance, and the progress of my application, been in this process since Sept 2006.
IMO you really shouldn't call him. You've obviously somehow got hold of his direct line but I don't think it's appropriate to phone him.

Send a case specific email instead maybe?

Good luck, hope you get an answer soon.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

If it was me I wouldn't call the number as it was given to you in good faith to sort out the problem at the time. Judging by what you're saying now you want to basically progress your application so you should really use the right chanels. At least then if you have another major issue where you need help you can then phone the number you have for a genuine reason.
That's just my interpretation
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:53 am
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

I always had speedy responses from emails to CIC in London. Normally less than 2 days. Maybe give that a go.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

minxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really nice

Originally Posted by oicur0t
I always had speedy responses from emails to CIC in London. Normally less than 2 days. Maybe give that a go.
Hi thanks for response, I have sent numerous emails, in response to my sons medical reports, still waiting as reports sent Oct 2009 and Jan 2010.