Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Different letter at the start of FSW1 file number - experts can you explain please?

Different letter at the start of FSW1 file number - experts can you explain please?

Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Different letter at the start of FSW1 file number - experts can you explain please?

Can anyone tell me why my OH's new immigration file number under FSW1 (after AOR has been received) begins with an E not a B? Does anyone else have a file number beginning with E?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 3:54 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different letter at the start of FSW1 file number - experts can you explain pleas

Hi

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Can anyone tell me why my OH's new immigration file number under FSW1 (after AOR has been received) begins with an E not a B? Does anyone else have a file number beginning with E?
It means it has been converted to the GCMS from CAIPs. (From the old CAIPS to the new GCMS processing system)
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Different letter at the start of FSW1 file number - experts can you explain pleas

Thanks for that PMM, that explains it, have you any idea if this will affect processing times?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Thanks for that PMM, that explains it, have you any idea if this will affect processing times?
The changeover from CAIPS to GCMS probably has slowed down the processing while the staff learn the new system. As in all new systems there are hiccups.