Different Answers every time

Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:01 am
Just Joined

towser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Different Answers every time

Originally Posted by richi686
Oh Dear!!
im just starting the process, deciding which way to go...? hoping to land a job the skilled worker route as a four year wait seems like a lifetime. the postman will be i a straight jacket by the time im finished!! it all feels very disheartening reading your mails...but im sure its going to be more than worth it!!
best wishes to all,
richie
p.s has anyone gone the skilled worker with a job offer? and is it as quick as ive been told...as soon as this summer, providing youre successful at interview of course??
Just read your mail - my partner and i were frustrated having applied in feb 05but we have been told just now that our visa will be being looked at today! :O) they do giv u notice though 90days just to update ur data ) however he has gone and is applying for a job out there i think that has helped up immensly as there is talk about this PNP (provincial nominee program) basically if u have the skills over and above what a canadian would have the job and the visa is yours!!! U need to utilize ur time into being +ve and searching monster and everything else u can to secure your job in canada - then how could they refuse ) we did get disheartened but we figured it would pay dividends when we got there if we were proactive in searching for employment - my partner has just got a job offer and we wait patiently to see what happens with CHC - all is worth it thou and do u know that the application process changed in Sept? We had to submit new forms...

Has anyone any idea how long it takes after you get your medical i've been told they only last 6mths????
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:14 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by towser
Just read your mail - my partner and i were frustrated having applied in feb 05but we have been told just now that our visa will be being looked at today! :O) they do giv u notice though 90days just to update ur data ) however he has gone and is applying for a job out there i think that has helped up immensly as there is talk about this PNP (provincial nominee program) basically if u have the skills over and above what a canadian would have the job and the visa is yours!!! U need to utilize ur time into being +ve and searching monster and everything else u can to secure your job in canada - then how could they refuse ) we did get disheartened but we figured it would pay dividends when we got there if we were proactive in searching for employment - my partner has just got a job offer and we wait patiently to see what happens with CHC - all is worth it thou and do u know that the application process changed in Sept? We had to submit new forms...

Has anyone any idea how long it takes after you get your medical i've been told they only last 6mths????
Your medical lasts for 12 mths.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:25 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richi686
hi,
i think its the best route, i cant bear the thought of waiting 4-5 years!! i realy dont understand why its so long?? my friends applied to Oz through there skilled worker(no job offer) and it took under a year to get the ok!
can you give me an idea of how you're going about it?? are you using an immigration lawyer? if so what are the costs involved with them? did they find you work/give you leads, or did you manage to find an employer on your own? any info would be greatfully received to help my descision making!!
richi.
Hiring an immigration consultant doesn't get your application processed any faster. We hired a consultant to work out our points for PR application due to OH's disjointed study (college, army, then back to P/T college). OH was also 49 at the time so we could not afford an error as you start to lose 2 points per year for your age from 50 onwards. We landed lucky and OH got himself a job so we arrived in NS on a WP approx 16 months after our PR application was submitted. Our consultant also guided the company who hired my OH as they had not hired a foreign national before. Our PR is still being processed but hopefully sooner rather than later now.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:33 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bunnett
Is anyone in the same frustrating position as us?

We put our forms in on November 2004.

We got the 120 (in November 2006) and the 90 day (in December 2006) letter from the people who represent us. They said our forms will be reviewed from 30 January 2007. (Starting to get excited).

Then we went to the Outbound Seminar in Edinburgh a few weeks ago and spoke to 2 CHC ladies who said they are dealing with Nov and DEC 2004 and couldn't understand why we hadn't heard anything and told us to e-mail the CHC London with our file number. (Getting even more excited).

So when we got home we did as they said and also e-mailed our representatives letting them know. To get an e-mail back from them first saying it will take another 10 weeks (from now beginning of March). Then last week (2 weeks later) we got a reply from CHC saying basically our form is on the desk waiting to be picked up and yes wait for it........... we won't hear anything for at least another 3 to 4 months.

We are getting really sick of this. You get that little bit closer and then it gets taken away just like that.

How can you get different answers from people in the same company. Excuse the moans and groans but I can't help it.
No wonder your pi**ed off, wheres the system? if people who applied after you are further down the line. Got to say I feel for you, I'd be more than a little peeved

Hope you get a break