Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Difference between IMM1442 and IMM1102?

Difference between IMM1442 and IMM1102?

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Difference between IMM1442 and IMM1102?

Hey guys,

So I need to get a replacement of my IEC temp work permit but the original was a IMM1442 and I can only find a way to apply for a IMM1102, is this the right thing? I know I don't have a full work permit or whatever so wonder if the IEC was different?

I found this on the CIC website which is making me think yup, IMM1102 is what I want but just double checking.

"The IMM 1442 is the immigration controlled form used for in–Canada processing in CIC inland offices (including Case Processing Centres) and Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) ports of entry (POEs) and is referred to as the generic document since it can be used for various types of temporary resident status (visitor, student, temporary worker, etc.). The four other controlled forms—Visitor Record (IMM1097B), Work Permit (IMM1102B), Study Permit (IMM1208B) and Permit to Come into or Remain in Canada (IMM1263B)—are backup forms for IMM 1442 that can be manually issued by immigration officers should the information systems become unavailable."

Also, has anyone ever had to apply for a replacement? The website states that the processing time is 4 months, seems rather a long time when it only took 6 weeks to issue it in the first place. I will be mailing my replacement app to Toronto if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for all your help.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Difference between IMM1442 and IMM1102?

Hi

Originally Posted by Third6
Hey guys,

So I need to get a replacement of my IEC temp work permit but the original was a IMM1442 and I can only find a way to apply for a IMM1102, is this the right thing? I know I don't have a full work permit or whatever so wonder if the IEC was different?

I found this on the CIC website which is making me think yup, IMM1102 is what I want but just double checking.

"The IMM 1442 is the immigration controlled form used for in–Canada processing in CIC inland offices (including Case Processing Centres) and Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) ports of entry (POEs) and is referred to as the generic document since it can be used for various types of temporary resident status (visitor, student, temporary worker, etc.). The four other controlled forms—Visitor Record (IMM1097B), Work Permit (IMM1102B), Study Permit (IMM1208B) and Permit to Come into or Remain in Canada (IMM1263B)—are backup forms for IMM 1442 that can be manually issued by immigration officers should the information systems become unavailable."

Also, has anyone ever had to apply for a replacement? The website states that the processing time is 4 months, seems rather a long time when it only took 6 weeks to issue it in the first place. I will be mailing my replacement app to Toronto if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for all your help.

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Re: Difference between IMM1442 and IMM1102?

Brilliant, cheers PMM.