Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Did London reach their quota on medical requests? ;o)

Wikiposts

Did London reach their quota on medical requests? ;o)

Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:53 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Wink Did London reach their quota on medical requests? ;o)

It feels like aaaaaaaaages since anyone's posted about getting medical requests from London - what's taking them so long? *grin*

Not that I'm getting impatient or anything, but when I've seen posters with 4 days earlier AOR than me get their med requests a while ago, it's hard to wait! I've even contemplated taking the trip over to London to talk to a real person. (I don't dare fax or email them, as I'm afraid they'll get annoyed and put me at the bottom of the pile. )
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:53 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did London reach their quota on medical requests? ;o)

CHC London usually asks for medicals when all tasks are completed (or near completion) including security check. If your security check takes longer than others then you will obviously get medical request later. But did you get already IA with decision about interview?

Originally Posted by Wannabe
It feels like aaaaaaaaages since anyone's posted about getting medical requests from London - what's taking them so long? *grin*

Not that I'm getting impatient or anything, but when I've seen posters with 4 days earlier AOR than me get their med requests a while ago, it's hard to wait! I've even contemplated taking the trip over to London to talk to a real person. (I don't dare fax or email them, as I'm afraid they'll get annoyed and put me at the bottom of the pile. )
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:48 pm

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
But did you get already IA with decision about interview?
I haven't heard anything from London since I got my AOR 18 months ago, apart from an answer to my status query in late June. They then told me "Your application is currently awaiting review by an Immigration Officer. You should be hearing from us shortly." (I take that to mean they hadn't started looking at it at that time, is that correct?)

Does London send IA to everyone?

I can't see anything in my case that should cause the security check to take longer than "usual", I've lived in Norway all my life, had no involvement with the military or politics - then again, I don't really know what London are looking for in the sec check...

Do you think I should take some kind of action, and in case what, or should I just hang on and wait?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:41 pm

Yes, every applicant receives IA letter. Seems that your application is less conclusive than applications submitted at the same time that have been already assessed. Don't blame CHC - they didn't prepare your application, they try to sort through what you prepared.

Have you ever wondered why there is 20 months difference in average timelines in London between short and long processing times?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...illed-fed.html

Note that those are only averages - there were in reported period cases completed in just under 12 months as well as cases that took more than 4 years in London.

Quality of application package and conclusiveness of evidence makes the biggest difference. More complex security check will only add 7 to 10 months to process compared to less difficult ones.

I haven't heard anything from London since I got my AOR 18 months ago, apart from an answer to my status query in late June. They then told me "Your application is currently awaiting review by an Immigration Officer. You should be hearing from us shortly." (I take that to mean they hadn't started looking at it at that time, is that correct?)

Does London send IA to everyone?

I can't see anything in my case that should cause the security check to take longer than "usual", I've lived in Norway all my life, had no involvement with the military or politics - then again, I don't really know what London are looking for in the sec check...

Do you think I should take some kind of action, and in case what, or should I just hang on and wait?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:14 pm

Yes, every applicant receives IA letter. Seems that your application is less conclusive than applications submitted at the same time that have been already assessed. Don't blame CHC - they didn't prepare your application, they try to sort through what you prepared.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming CHC - just trying to get an understanding of the whole process, and whereabouts in the process my application is right now.
Do they start background checking before IA, or is that a stage after IA/possible interview?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ramon101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you ever wondered why there is 20 months difference in average timelines in London between short and long processing times?

Note that those are only averages - there were in reported period cases completed in just under 12 months as well as cases that took more than 4 years in London.

Quality of application package and conclusiveness of evidence makes the biggest difference. More complex security check will only add 7 to 10 months to process compared to less difficult ones.
Hi Mr.Miller
As far as I know Our files Teransfered from Damascuse to London Because All waive or Interview letter came from London.I wanna Know that will we use London Immigration Visa Quoto or Damascuse ? I wanna say ,Do they only help Damas. to process 2001 files or we totaly sent to London ?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ramon101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mr.Miller
As far as I know Our files Transfered from Damascus to London Because All waive or Interview letter came from London.I wanna Know that will we use Immigration Visa Quota of London or Damascus ? I wanna say ,Do they only help Dams. to process 2001 files or we totally sent to London ?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

halanddawn is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you feel, our AOR was 25 March 2004 and we are just praying for that phone call everyday (we went through an immigration consultant so they should get our med request first). Despite trying our best not to put our lives on hold for the past 18 months it's been really hard not too!!! Hopefully not much longer now
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Hope you did not use the same one as me the first time round.the second time did it myself.

Originally Posted by halanddawn
I know how you feel, our AOR was 25 March 2004 and we are just praying for that phone call everyday (we went through an immigration consultant so they should get our med request first). Despite trying our best not to put our lives on hold for the past 18 months it's been really hard not too!!! Hopefully not much longer now
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

That doesn't sound promising - who did you use (if you don't mind mentioning it on here)??
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:03 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Hang in there and try not to let it get you down......trust me I know.

I applied 3rd dec 03, AOR 7th Feb 04.......only got my medical request about two weeks ago. Though it was nice to see lots of people receiving there Med Requests it was also very depressing when AOR April 04's were getting it and I had not heard a word.

Uncertainity then sets in.....did i fill it in right, was there something i missed out, does my points not tally up etc etc.

We had more than adequate points and savings and had applied through an immig consultant so really got worried why things were taking so long......I then decided to VISIT CHC IN PERSON.

They will try fog you off but stay calm, be polite. I stated that I thought cases were dealt with in chronological order and was worried why I had received no correspendence whereas many people we knew had and they had applied after us.......they then tapped my details in (file no) and told us at what stage things were everything is fine at and to expect medicals through shortly.....(still took them 2 months to do that!) but were more relaxed after my visit and them saying file has been reviewed and everything is fine.

Good luck
Mans
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I know we just have to be patient but isn't it so frustrating!

Hope everything goes ok with the rest of your application
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:17 am

Security check starts after initial positive selection decision is made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming CHC - just trying to get an understanding of the whole process, and whereabouts in the process my application is right now.
Do they start background checking before IA, or is that a stage after IA/possible interview?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 5:46 am

Security check starts after initial positive selection decision is made.
Thanks, Andrew.
I'm not really worried, as I haven't seen many people with later AORs than me get med requests either, so I'll just keep on waiting... Not much else to do, anyway.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, every applicant receives IA letter.
What is this ? What does IA stand for ?

Apologies for the stupid questions but I don't want to remain ignorant !! :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.