Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Did I pay the right amount of ROPR?

Did I pay the right amount of ROPR?

Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

PK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant future
Default Did I pay the right amount of ROPR?

I paid only the processing fee with my PR application in Jan 2004. I paid the ROPR (Right of Permanent Residence) fee on June 16, 2005-- just after receiving my Medicals request from CIC-Berlin.
I paid the equivelent amount (620 euros, fee schedule effective from April 1, 2005) via a bank transaction as depicted on the CIC-Berlin's web-site, then informed CIC-Berin on the same day, via a fax and letter (a cover letter and copy of transaction details alongwith my file number).
Today I can see, CIC-Berlin has reviewed the ROPR amount on Jun 29 2005, now it is adjusted to 655 euros (fee schedule effective from July 1, 2005).
My question are:
Did I pay the right amount?
Does CIC-Berlin send any ack. reciept of the Fee (so far I got nothing!)?

Last edited by PK_CA; Jun 30th 2005 at 6:31 am. Reason: spelling corrections
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did I pay the right amount of ROPR?

Hi

Originally Posted by PK_CA
I paid only the processing fee with my PR application in Jan 2004. I paid the ROPR (Right of Permanent Residence) fee on June 16, 2005-- just after receiving my Medicals request from CIC-Berlin.
I paid the equivelent amount (620 euros, fee schedule effective from April 1, 2005) via a bank transaction as depicted on the CIC-Berlin's web-site, then informed CIC-Berin on the same day, via a fax and letter (a cover letter and copy of transaction details alongwith my file number).
Today I can see, CIC-Berlin has reviewed the ROPR amount, now it is adjusted to 655 euros (fee schedule effective from July 1, 2005).
My question are:
Does CIC-Berlin sends any ack. reciept of the Fee?
1. Yes, as it was the amount in question at the time it was paid.
2. Unlikely

PMM
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You paid the correct amount as per fee schedule at the time CIC received your payment. Nothing to worry. Most likely you won't get receipt.

Today I can see, CIC-Berlin has reviewed the ROPR amount, now it is adjusted to 655 euros (fee schedule effective from July 1, 2005).
My question are:
Does CIC-Berlin sends any ack. reciept of the Fee?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

PK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant future

Thanks Andrew and PMM for the prompt reply, big relieve--
regards,
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Subj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andrew and PMM for the prompt reply, big relieve--
regards,
Actually, we got a receipt from CIC Berlin, it came with the final approval letter.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

HI Subj,
Did CIC-Berlin requested you to pay the ROPR fee with (or just before) your medical rquest or acutually you paid the fee before they requested to do so?

Originally Posted by Subj
Actually, we got a receipt from CIC Berlin, it came with the final approval letter.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:45 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

HI Subj,
Did CIC-Berlin requested you to pay the ROPR fee with (or just before) your medical rquest or acutually you paid the fee before they requested to do so?
I also received a receipt in the Mail from CIC/Berlin. I payed before they asked for it.