Diabetes/health problems and IEC

Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:22 am
Just Joined

abbierebecca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Diabetes/health problems and IEC

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You're still not resident there, it doesn't matter if you're paying taxes or not. Not resident = not eligible for healthcare.

Whether you're the only person to do it or not doesn't make it right.
As long as Im paying NI and visit within 6 months im still resident here. I have checked.

Actually, dont need to be working at all and I wouldnt have to come back. It only stops being free and available when I havent lived here for more than 5 years

Last edited by abbierebecca; Mar 10th 2013 at 10:25 am.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abbierebecca
As long as Im paying NI and visit within 6 months im still resident here. I have checked.

Actually, dont need to be working at all and I wouldnt have to come back. It only stops being free and available when I havent lived here for more than 5 years
Who have you checked this with?
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abbierebecca

Actually, it has nothing to do with you paying NI nor visiting.

Provided you are working outside the UK for a period of less than 5 years and you can prove that you have been ordinarily resident for a period of at least 10 years prior to that, you can obtain NHS services. You are required to show proof of these though. If you have not been ordinarily resident for 10 years, you lose your rights to free NHS services after 3 months.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNH...-services.aspx

Additionally, if you have a Medical Exemption Certificate (diabetes is one of the conditions that allows you to apply) you would not pay any prescription charges under the NHS.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts/1126.aspx
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Actually, it has nothing to do with you paying NI nor visiting.

Provided you are working outside the UK for a period of less than 5 years and you can prove that you have been ordinarily resident for a period of at least 10 years prior to that, you can obtain NHS services. You are required to show proof of these though. If you have not been ordinarily resident for 10 years, you lose your rights to free NHS services after 3 months.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNH...-services.aspx

Additionally, if you have a Medical Exemption Certificate (diabetes is one of the conditions that allows you to apply) you would not pay any prescription charges under the NHS.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts/1126.aspx
You are a star typing all that out, but the OP doesn't come under the NHS Siouxie - see above. As you're now a mod, 30 seconds of looking will tell you where she is and is from.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
So, the taxpayers in the UK have to pay for something that your mate is not prepared to pay for him/herself? Charming.
What's this all about? My mate is a UK taxpayer, only away on a working holiday and entitled to use the NHS. The UK has plenty of issues and the NHS too generous in many ways but free medication for lifelong conditions is something we do in my opinion have right