Details About Stamping in Buffalo

Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

bhartiamit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Details About Stamping in Buffalo

Hello Everyone,

As promised here are the details of my trip to Buffalo. I went for the stamping in person because I didn't think that I could wait for the mail thing again. So I hopped on a plane and was off to Buffalo. My husband was the primary applicant so I took an authorization letter from him stating that I can infact get stamping done on his behalf.
I got lucky and got a room in Hyatt due to flight problems; the hyatt is like 5 blocks away from the HSBC building and there's a free trolley in downtown buffalo that connects the Hyatt to the HSBC. So i was there bright and early at 6.15am and went to the security guard. Showed him my papers and I got a visitor pass with a number on it (i was number 1 ) He stated that I should come back by 7.45am and stand in line and pointed out where the line would be. There's a cafe in the building whre you can go and grab some bfast and kill time. I went back at 7.45am and there were about 15 other people there all for different reasons. I went to the front of the line and took my place. At 7.50am a lady called Kathy( what a sweetheart she was) came down and explained how things would work etc and at 8am sharp, she walked us up in groups of 10. We went up and there was another line there. It took like 5 minutes per person to submit the passports and we were given a card. Now you don't wanna lose this card or the card that security gave you in the morning. Then you can go and enjoy the rest of your day and you just have to be back between 1 pm and 3pm ( don't be late, going between 2 - 3 is best as the rush of 1 o'clock is gone ) and stand in the same line. The lady again takes u up, u give the card that was given to you and they return ur ppt with teh stamp and ur landing papers. U sit down, review all the documents and make sure all is good. And taht's it.... You are DONE!
Just a good thing to do is to go there on monday nite and go to the consulate on tuesday. Just in case something is wrong, then u can atleast return on Thursday as opposed to waiting a whole weekend to go back on Tueesday. ( The consulate entertains immigration on Tuesday and Thursday only).

Good Luck to everyone and I have to admit, even after everthing is said and done, I still check my e-cas and it reads that a decision has been made and that the office will contact us. Obviously this shud give u some idea about the accuracy of e-cas.
Wish everyone all the best with everything. NOw we need to plan our move etc.
Thanks to Everyone for your great posts and support. Thank God for the c-cas checkaholics support group.