Desperation...

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:28 am
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desperation...

Can anyone clarify? I've did some digging and the results are negative, really need some positivity...

I have a solid degree in Forensic Investigation encompassing biology, chemistry,law and a whole load of other things. I worked in as a food development and production technologist and I've been a UK cop for the last 3 years and I'm desperate to emigrate. Visited Toronto last month and although foreign, it felt like home. I need a change. I'm waiting for IEC to open, I'm willing to give up my full time secure job for a chance over there. Any other route is being explored. Does anyone have any advice? Need that lost just now, home isn't home anymore!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperation...

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Can anyone clarify? I've did some digging and the results are negative, really need some positivity...

I have a solid degree in Forensic Investigation encompassing biology, chemistry,law and a whole load of other things. I worked in as a food development and production technologist and I've been a UK cop for the last 3 years and I'm desperate to emigrate. Visited Toronto last month and although foreign, it felt like home. I need a change. I'm waiting for IEC to open, I'm willing to give up my full time secure job for a chance over there. Any other route is being explored. Does anyone have any advice? Need that lost just now, home isn't home anymore!
Hi

I can't really give you much advice in terms of alternative visa routes but the IEC is probably your easiest/quickest route for now. Just remember to get your application in as soon as it opens, the spaces fill up quick.

Why are you so desperate to leave if you don't mind me asking?
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 8:06 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

If you're under thirty I doubt you'll find a quicker way to get to and be able to work in Canada than with the IEC programme.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:03 pm
Frequent Lurker...

I'm desperate to leave mostly due to needing a change and living my life in a way that makes me happier. I've worked hard getting a solid degree and went into a job that has changed so dramatically in the past few years it's nearly unrecognisable to the one I started at. I've always wanted to live in Canada even prior to visiting there. I had a friend manage to emigrate a few years ago and he is thriving. I went over to see him and cannot describe how amazing I found the place. Within an hour of landing I said to him "This is strange to me but even though I know this is a foreign country it feels familiar, like home". I'm all about chasing dreams and put simply I'm not happy here anymore as I know I want to be over there.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:04 pm
Frequent Lurker...

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
If you're under thirty I doubt you'll find a quicker way to get to and be able to work in Canada than with the IEC programme.
I am under 30, with all the immigration rules changing in January I'm worried I'll miss the chance for IEC.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 9:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I am under 30, with all the immigration rules changing in January I'm worried I'll miss the chance for IEC.
The IEC program isn't included in the changes coming in January, it's only economic class PR programs.

HTH.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 10:10 pm
Frequent Lurker...

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The IEC program isn't included in the changes coming in January, it's only economic class PR programs.

HTH.
Great news! I'd been hearing it was included. Just need to keep my eyes open for the programme opening.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 10:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! I'd been hearing it was included. Just need to keep my eyes open for the programme opening.
Best to only ever rely on things from the official source, rather than things you've 'heard'! Here you go - Express Entry

Of course, CIC may well change something re: the IEC program as well, as they often do, but it's certainly not going to be part of the Express Entry changes.

HTH.