Wikiposts

Depressed and homeless

Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

chrisfearon will become famous soon enough
Default Depressed and homeless

Applied Jan 2004 London SW, Aor mar 2004, Sold House August 2005, Medicals August 2005, Rented flat august 2005, Medicals completed september 2005. Jan 11th 2006 absolutely zilch.

Well by the end of the month we will be homeless dont relinquish the thought of renting for another 6months or staying in rip off thuggish Britain any longer.

The whole process is getting to us now, considering canada wants skilled workers, the way they are dealing with it they will scare most people away, how can people put there lives on hold for 39months.

something needs to be done and fast.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:33 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Depressed and homeless

Somebody will shoot me down for this, as you do not actually have your PPR's yet, so as such are not "home and dry"..........

but why not just move out here? (if you have sufficient funds) ...... You might as well be renting in Canada as in the UK (it's cheaper anyway), and you could be getting work lined up, even if you cannot actually be employed here til you get PR status.

When your PPR's come you can post them back to the UK for your visas.

Just a thought

Something MUST be just about to happen anyway, and it will make you feel better to get those flights booked and regain some control of your life!

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Jan 11th 2006 at 2:35 am.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisfearon
Applied Jan 2004 London SW, Aor mar 2004, Sold House August 2005, Medicals August 2005, Rented flat august 2005, Medicals completed september 2005. Jan 11th 2006 absolutely zilch.

Well by the end of the month we will be homeless dont relinquish the thought of renting for another 6months or staying in rip off thuggish Britain any longer.

The whole process is getting to us now, considering canada wants skilled workers, the way they are dealing with it they will scare most people away, how can people put there lives on hold for 39months.

Hi Chris,

Yep, I can sympathise with it getting to you now, most MAR 2004 AORs have had PPRs and yours seems to be delayed because of the extra info they requested. It gets increasingly difficult the nearer you get to your expected date (as stated on the AOR card). Particularly those who are 3 months after you, they were expecting to hear by now, as there 18 months is up, but due to the old cases being put back into the system all educated guesses on Med Requests are "out the window". I don't think I have seen any Med Reqs. this year for London SW. Chin-Up!!, there are lots of PPR requests coming out, you could be next.

Patrick.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

This is what a guy received today from london.
bestest regards
source uk to canada.

Just thought I'd update all those waiting to hear regarding their
applications. I have just received a letter from CHC advising a
delay in the processing of skilled worker and business applications.
The letter states that they are currently processing applications
submitted in April 2004.

"Based on the number of applications awaiting review, we have
revised our estimates for processing times for all applications
submitted between May 2004 and November 2004, including yours. we
are confident that we will be in a position to review your
application before the end of March 2006."
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:15 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Somebody will shoot me down for this, as you do not actually have your PPR's yet, so as such are not "home and dry"..........

but why not just move out here? (if you have sufficient funds) ...... You might as well be renting in Canada as in the UK (it's cheaper anyway), and you could be getting work lined up, even if you cannot actually be employed here til you get PR status.

When your PPR's come you can post them back to the UK for your visas.

Just a thought

Something MUST be just about to happen anyway, and it will make you feel better to get those flights booked and regain some control of your life!
The only hole I would find in your argument Morwenna is if Chris is still working and needs the income. Other than that I totally agree

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Jan 11th 2006 at 3:16 am. Reason: Typos
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

Hi Chris,

We have the same timeline as you, and were also required to send additional docs................ still no word. I suppose we are paying the price for needing further docs to be sent................ hang in there...

Cheers

Mike

Originally Posted by chrisfearon

Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike1967
Hi Chris,

We have the same timeline as you, and were also required to send additional docs................ still no word. I suppose we are paying the price for needing further docs to be sent................ hang in there...

Cheers

Mike
Hi mike at least we know there are few people left, we dont feel totally left in the dark. lets hope we here very soon.
bestest regards
chris
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
The only hole I would find in your argument Morwenna is if Chris is still working and needs the income. Other than that I totally agree

I totally agree i would love to get up and just go as we could live with my parents, i just havent got the bottle just incase we got the knock back etc.we have thought about this option

Just hope we here within weeks and not months.
bestest regards
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

denmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Depressed and homeless

[QUOTE=chrisfearon]Applied Jan 2004 London SW, Aor mar 2004, Sold House August 2005, Medicals August 2005, Rented flat august 2005, Medicals completed september 2005. Jan 11th 2006 absolutely zilch.

I'm with you on that one Chris,although our aor is may 04.Our meds were sept like yours.Thought great, we are early but may have ppr by christmas.No nothing as of yet and it is very depressing.Our house sale will be completed by Feb and we too either have to rent or bite the bullet and go without ppr and wait in canada.I would like more info from people who have done this.Mans has told me that it can be done but I would like to hear from anyone who has been refused by Canadian immigration(if any!).At times I feel we are so near but yet as far away as ever from leaving as you well put it thuggish Britain.By the way nice to see a fellow scouser on the forum.
Den.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:20 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about the delays for you and Chris and families ....

Really don't want to be nosey but how much additional info were you required to send above what they normally require (e.g. police certs and ROLF)?

Please ignore question if it's personal ... just interested as we had our meds this morning and are hoping that it will be about 2-3 months before we get our PPRs. Only additional docs we needed to send (which we are doing tomorrow) were updated police checks and ROLF and wondered if they may delay process.

J
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:28 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi Mike

Really don't want to be nosey but how much additional info were you required to send above what they normally require (e.g. police certs and ROLF)?

Please ignore question if it's personal ... just interested as we had our meds this morning and are hoping that it will be about 2-3 months before we get our PPRs. Only additional docs we needed to send (which we are doing tomorrow) were updated police checks and ROLF and wondered if they may delay process.

J
Hi Jen,

Can answer this question?
We were asked for Proof of funds (again)
Three months of bank statements showing salary payments going in (for PA)
New Police clearance
ROLF

HTH

Butch
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

We were asked for updated CV, Armed Forces Cert, new police checks, proof of funds, P60 from last employer............... and ROLF, even though this was a mistake...

Ours may be taking longer as we are in Canada on work visa's and will require security checks in UK and Canada.

Cheers,

Mike

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi Mike

J
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

We were asked for updated CV, Armed Forces Cert, new police checks, proof of funds, P60 from last employer............... and ROLF, even though this was a mistake...

Ours may be taking longer as we are in Canada on work visa's and will require security checks in UK and Canada.

Cheers,

Mike
we where asked for p60,3months bank statement, updated cv , updated custody docs from my wifes previous marriage- no probs signed document infront of noctory solicitor etc, rprf & pc
bestest regards
chris
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

brit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the rough

Cheers,

Mike
Hi Guys,

I was asked to submit updated CV, P60, proof of funds, Banks statements showing 3 months salary credit, updated police certs and RPRF as well as medicals.

All of which was no problem but it does beg the question, why?

My personal opinion is this is just a generic doc sent out by CHC London by one or more visa officers. It was all listed on a seperate printed sheet. I do know of quite a few people that got asked for the same docs for no obvious reason.

Regards,

Michael
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:21 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

Totaly agree....so long as you can survive for upto 6 months on savings....get out of the UK.....its exactly what I did having done medicals in sept and not heard a thing we left in Dec 05.

Make sure you have funds and that your medicals were all clear!

It's a tough time when you are so close to the finishing line....good luck
Mans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.