Deported from US.....

Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:34 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deported from US.....

Originally Posted by Deportee
I entered the States a number of times since including in January of this year, was scanned, and sent on my way without any questions. So it would appear to me that even the US don't search their own systems on every single entrant
They have access to NCIC and CPIC on both sides of the border, but for minor offences you wouldn't be in either database.

CBP has been linking in more and more databases so at some time point they became aware of your arrest in Chicago and that's why you were quizzed. After you were quizzed they updated your entry record so at primary every CBP inspector now knows about it.

Currently CBSA do not automatically have access to your US entry record (although they can request it) but there is an agreement with the US that is currently being implemented whereby they will have access, so even if you successfully entered Canada now, at some point in the not terribly distant future they would be aware of it at the POE.

So really your only option is to advise CIC of the situation.