Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dependants problem & proof of funds

Dependants problem & proof of funds

Old Oct 19th 2003, 1:27 am
Yabba dabba doo

Yabbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dependants problem & proof of funds

Could someone please advise my Wife and I on the following?

We are applying to immigrate to Ontario under the family class. She is Canadian and I am British. I was previously married and have 2 dependant children with whom I am not in contact with through no fault of my own. I have no knowledge of the whereabouts of my children and I will be unable to supply any information regarding them other than name, D.O.B's etc...My estranged ex-wife was granted residency (Custody) so that the children resided with her. I will not be able to have the children medically examined nor will I be able to supply photographs etc....(it is not our intent to bring the children with us). Even if I did know where the children where my estranged ex-wife would not agree to co-operate with us! Can someone offer us any advice that can aid us in overcoming this problem? I understand it will be necessary to waive my rights to ever sponsor the children.

My Wife is a Canadian citizen will she still have to prove her funds. She does not want her employer to know that she is applying to return to Canada just yet. Will she have to submit pay slips and bank statements etc...? The forms seem to be very ambiguous.

Many thanks for your help