Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dependant child not accompanying us Medical concerns

Dependant child not accompanying us Medical concerns

Old Jun 24th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dependant child not accompanying us Medical concerns

Hi Folks,

Those that have been following my other thread will know that i have successfully completed the Criminal Rehab process and am now in a position to proceed in submitting my FSW Application.

I know that this process will need to be accepted before we send a 2nd App to London followed by Medical requests etc.

Looking ahead to this because i am trying to cover all bases i have some serious concerns, here is my scenario:

I have 2 stunning daughters from my first marriage who live with my ex, they have both been consulted about joining us on our move and have decided to stay with my ex wife however they both fully support our move.

My oldest daughter aged 13 has a very rare heart condition and has recently undergone surgery to replace her aorta and valves at Great Ormond Street.

She is among a handful of recorded case in the world and the oldest anyone has survived is 18.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/s...erten-syndrome

All of the family have been undergoing tests funded by Great Ormond Street to try and find a cure and we have all checked out fine with no evidence of the syndrome.

My concern is that she will need to undergo a medical even though she will not be joining us on our move to Canada.

Does anyone have any experiences of a similar situation where a child not accompanying them "failed" a medical or had a serious underlying condition which was heavily dependant on the NHS like my daughter?

We have been through a hell of a lot as a family and she is a wee fighter, sadly her condition is uncurable and the valves and aorta will become calcified again in a number of years, all we can keep doing is buying her time with operations to replace the damaged parts.

As a family we have discussed us moving to Canada and the girls are 100% behind this, they have even been across with us to Toronto on a recce trip and are really excited for us. We will of course continue to have them visit us exactly the same as they do now.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why non accompanying children even need medicals and what we can do to appeal my daughters results which are guaranteed to come back as a concern?

Am i getting my knickers in a twist and are the medicals only there to make sure there is no hereditary link of any illness which we have already discounted?

Any advice really welcome.

Don't even get me started on telling the ex i need the girls to go for a medical, she is guaranteed to think i am going to try and sneak them out of the country on my PR app....

Regards

ScottyB
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dependant child not accompanying us Medical concerns

I believe that if you write an affidated letter that she won't ever be joining, won't ever be sponsored and will never be part of your Canadian family, that'll be ok.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

asiablue is an unknown quantity at this point

caitlin is right that is exactly what I had to do last year write a letter stating that the children will be remaining in UK and you will not be sponsoring them
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
The reason they want unaccompanying children to undergo medicals is so that you will be able to sponsor them at a later date. My understanding of the medical is that at the time of the medical she is fit and well and not likely to cost healthcare over $5k per year (I think that is the right amount) If she has had the fix done...I appreciate it is not a long term solution....and you take the reports in with you to the medical...they can ask any other questions of her medical team. I also hear what you say about her not living with you ever in Canada, so to be certain of the best course of action, I would send a case specific e-mail and request guidance before you fork out for a medical. Does this make sense?
Good luck
Stef
Originally Posted by ScottyB
Hi Folks,

Those that have been following my other thread will know that i have successfully completed the Criminal Rehab process and am now in a position to proceed in submitting my FSW Application.

I know that this process will need to be accepted before we send a 2nd App to London followed by Medical requests etc.

Looking ahead to this because i am trying to cover all bases i have some serious concerns, here is my scenario:

I have 2 stunning daughters from my first marriage who live with my ex, they have both been consulted about joining us on our move and have decided to stay with my ex wife however they both fully support our move.

My oldest daughter aged 13 has a very rare heart condition and has recently undergone surgery to replace her aorta and valves at Great Ormond Street.

She is among a handful of recorded case in the world and the oldest anyone has survived is 18.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/s...erten-syndrome

All of the family have been undergoing tests funded by Great Ormond Street to try and find a cure and we have all checked out fine with no evidence of the syndrome.

My concern is that she will need to undergo a medical even though she will not be joining us on our move to Canada.

Does anyone have any experiences of a similar situation where a child not accompanying them "failed" a medical or had a serious underlying condition which was heavily dependant on the NHS like my daughter?

We have been through a hell of a lot as a family and she is a wee fighter, sadly her condition is uncurable and the valves and aorta will become calcified again in a number of years, all we can keep doing is buying her time with operations to replace the damaged parts.

As a family we have discussed us moving to Canada and the girls are 100% behind this, they have even been across with us to Toronto on a recce trip and are really excited for us. We will of course continue to have them visit us exactly the same as they do now.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why non accompanying children even need medicals and what we can do to appeal my daughters results which are guaranteed to come back as a concern?

Am i getting my knickers in a twist and are the medicals only there to make sure there is no hereditary link of any illness which we have already discounted?

Any advice really welcome.

Don't even get me started on telling the ex i need the girls to go for a medical, she is guaranteed to think i am going to try and sneak them out of the country on my PR app....

Regards

ScottyB
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

asiablue is an unknown quantity at this point

Good advice stef, I had to do the same thing last year its a simple process.
good luck
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks does anyone have a template letter they could send me?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:40 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Scotty

Have sent you a PM with wording that was given to me.......

Good luck
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimmydean
Scotty

Have sent you a PM with wording that was given to me.......

Good luck
Thanks Jimmy,

Will include this letter with my app to CIO as well as London.

God i must have the most complicated case ever, if i can successfully get this through without the help of an Immigration lawyer ANYONE can....

Regards

ScottyB