Wikiposts

Department of Homeland Security

Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Department of Homeland Security

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Abandoning citizenship application now will not stop already outgoing investigation into your PR status.
Andrew
Original poster says he left the U.S. 4 years ago and has been resident in Canada since.

Are you suggesting that he may not be telling the truth?

If someone has been living in Canada since 4 years he or she is going to have plenty of evidence to prove it without needing anything from the Americans.

Are you now going to start recommending that everyone thinking of applying for Canadian citizenship obtain this document from the Americans just in case CIC ask for it?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:51 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what OP said - but it doesn't mean that it is a fact that can be proven. CIC obviously thinks it is not true fact. And CIC knows a lot more than we were led to believe here.

Facts that CIC asks for the letter and that OP is now panicking and trying to "abandon" citizenship application suggest that something is not too legit with this case.

I don't recommend to anyone getting letter from DHS in advance. Genuine citizenship applicants with real evidence of living in Canada permanently don't need to worry about it.

But I strongly recommend thinking more than twice before trying to submit not perfectly legit citizenship application.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 6th 2007 at 4:05 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

ibhatti is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't that my application wasn't legal. The stupid mistake I made was apply a few months earlier, which mean't I had to mention USA as one of the places I lived in the last 4 years. That puts the Citizenship judge under pressure (in my personal opinion) to ask me about my obviously non-existant US immigration status. If I had just waited a few more months and submmitted a clean Canadian 4 years history, it would be a breeze. Its simply that a mention of the word 'USA' triggers all kinds of red flags and the judge asks all kinds of things to cover his/her back. So I say, never apply before 4 years unless you have never been to the USA.