delcare an arrest

Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:33 am
Kent to (hopefully) Banff

neilrufc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default delcare an arrest

Hi again,

One last question then I will not pester again about rehabilitation.

On the rehab forms I am filling out, am I required to to put down that I was arrested and not charged? I have read all the bit on the wesites but does not say anything about arrested and being released without charge.

I f someone can help before the morning post, you are a diamond!

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:09 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: delcare an arrest

Originally Posted by neilrufc
Hi again,

On the rehab forms I am filling out, am I required to to put down that I was arrested and not charged? I have read all the bit on the wesites but does not say anything about arrested and being released without charge.

Thanks
What offence and how long ago?
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:25 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilrufc
Hi again,

Thanks
In your case I'd request an ACRO certificate (which you'll need to include anyway if/when asked for detailed documentation) and provide the information exactly as it is on ACRO's certificate. Dont make your life difficult by telling them something that happened but is not on ACRO's records.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:41 pm

Hi,

I was arrested on suspition of theft - released without charge. Someone else was charged after they admitted to the theft.

The way I look at it, it asks if I have ever been arrested - which I have so I will proberly declare it on the visa form but I dont think I have to add it to the Canadian criminal rehabilitation form.

My police caution which is now over 9 years old. I am not sure if I have to apply for rehabiltation but think I will just in case.

I dont think there is any chance of getting any results back for the rehabiltation before Septemeber but I do plan to add the fact I have applied for rehab in a covering letter with my visa forms.

One last thing, it states on the forms - have you ever committed, been arrested or been convicted of a criminal offence.

The word committed - is this committed a crime which you was then charged but later released without charge or committed any crime?

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:55 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Be completely honest on the forms.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:12 am

even on the criminal rehabilitation? I am trying to contact the embassy call centre now to see what they think. The criminal rehab form asks you to list only offences and convictions

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

youngun01 is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt bother saying you have been arressted as you never got charged for anything so there will be nothing on your record .