Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Delay in submitting requested documents

Delay in submitting requested documents

Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:46 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 39
bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Delay in submitting requested documents

Posted - September 15 2009 : 01:29:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I submitted all the required documents when the 'Documents update' were requested in May, 2009. However, due to a miscommunication with my Consultant (UK), my spouse and my own educational documents + 5406 (spouse) were missed out. All other documents, including IELTS were submitted on time. I received a letter from the CHC dated the 23rd July asking me to submit copies of the educational documents + 5406 (spouse) within 30 days. However, on account of postal delays and because I was travelling, I responded (Fedexed) to them just yesterday with a 22 day delay.
I would like to know whether this delay will be taken seriously by the CHC and whether the processing of my case will be stopped. I have e-mailed and sent a letter of apology for the delay to them.
Also, I would like to add that I had separately received an e-mail from CHC asking me to which address they should be corresponding to- my Consultant's (London) or mine (India). I had clearly stated that all correspondence should be sent to my Consultant. But this was in the first week of August, much after they had despatched the letter to my home address.
bangalg is offline  
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:44 am
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Hi

Originally Posted by bangalg
Posted - September 15 2009 : 01:29:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I submitted all the required documents when the 'Documents update' were requested in May, 2009. However, due to a miscommunication with my Consultant (UK), my spouse and my own educational documents + 5406 (spouse) were missed out. All other documents, including IELTS were submitted on time. I received a letter from the CHC dated the 23rd July asking me to submit copies of the educational documents + 5406 (spouse) within 30 days. However, on account of postal delays and because I was travelling, I responded (Fedexed) to them just yesterday with a 22 day delay.
I would like to know whether this delay will be taken seriously by the CHC and whether the processing of my case will be stopped. I have e-mailed and sent a letter of apology for the delay to them.
Also, I would like to add that I had separately received an e-mail from CHC asking me to which address they should be corresponding to- my Consultant's (London) or mine (India). I had clearly stated that all correspondence should be sent to my Consultant. But this was in the first week of August, much after they had despatched the letter to my home address.
1. Better keep your fingers crossed, CHC/CIC gave you 2 deadlines, and you missed them both. They may have waited for the additional documents, or they may have made a decision based on what was on file.
PMM is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:31 am
  #3  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 11
Aamee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Dear bangalg,

Can you tell us what does your e-CAS says, and what is your time-line.

Thanks
Aamee is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:38 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 39
bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

For some reason, I can't see my details on e-cas. I have tried all possible combinations. My timelines are:

AOR: February, 2007
Documents update request received: March, 2009
Documents updated: May, 2009
Additional documents request received: July, 2009
Additional documents sent (there was a delay here): September, 2009
bangalg is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:47 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Robin (The Gadget family)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Black Creek, Vancouver Island since December 2012
Posts: 1,385
Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Originally Posted by bangalg
For some reason, I can't see my details on e-cas. I have tried all possible combinations. My timelines are:

AOR: February, 2007
Documents update request received: March, 2009
Documents updated: May, 2009
Additional documents request received: July, 2009
Additional documents sent (there was a delay here): September, 2009
Did you put the correct file number in and click on the 'England' box?
Robin (The Gadget family) is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:55 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 39
bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Nope. "England" too does not work. I was born in India. "India" does not work.
bangalg is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:18 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Robin (The Gadget family)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Black Creek, Vancouver Island since December 2012
Posts: 1,385
Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Originally Posted by bangalg
Nope. "England" too does not work. I was born in India. "India" does not work.
....and what does your consultant have to say?
Robin (The Gadget family) is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:59 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 11
Aamee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Dear bangalg,

Are you able to tell us where do you stand now. Have your received any further letter/e-mail from CIC or have you been able to see your eCAS and what does it say.

Your input will help me and many others to understand their situation which is similar to yours.

Thanks.
Aamee is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:14 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 39
bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delay in submitting requested documents

Nope. I still have not received any response from CHC. I am still unable to access ECAS. I have asked for a CAIPS update by paying the required amount. This should take a month to arrive.
I think in my situation, no news is good news. If they had opened my case before I sent the delayed documents, they would have rejected it and I would have got some communication of the reject. Now it's been quite some time since I sent the documents. If they have opened my case anytime in the last one month, they would have seen my complete documents and they should have been processing/ would process my case- unless they have a particular objection in me not meeting their deadlines.
bangalg is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.