British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Delay with processing ACRO Police Checks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/delay-processing-acro-police-checks-719255/)

LinsyPinsy Jun 1st 2011 10:26 pm

Delay with processing ACRO Police Checks

Just wanted to alert you all to a conversation I had with ACRO today with respect to a delay in recieving our updated police checks.
We sent off for them on the 9th May as a preemptive strike, using the standard service and we were told today that they currently have a week and a half backlog of apps not even processed yet.

HOWEVER...
If you apply using the premium service you skip the backlog and are processed on the day it arrives and 2 days later its sent back to you.

Ours seems stuck in the system(or lost in the post) and given we have just been asked officially for them we are despirate to get our hands on them, so we have sent in an additional application, premium service, using next day delivery and have asked them to send the next day delivery straight to CIC.

If our original application is found this will flag up in the system and they will phone us and ask us to decide what application to go for, so we wont lose out.

Judging by what ACRO said CIC should have them by Tuesday/Wednesday. Lets hope they are right.

If any of you are abbout to send off for new police checks I suggest you consider the premium services if you are in a hurry to get them.

Craig_Walker Jun 1st 2011 10:32 pm

Re: Delay with processing ACRO Police Checks

I had a delay on mine when using the premium service of 1 week still. Luckily I hadn't submitted my application at that time as I wanted to put in everything all at once and that was the last thing i needed.

LinsyPinsy Jun 1st 2011 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Craig_Walker (Post 9403638)
I had a delay on mine when using the premium service of 1 week still. Luckily I hadn't submitted my application at that time as I wanted to put in everything all at once and that was the last thing i needed.

oh craps...not good :thumbdown: but as long as we get them a bit sooner Ill be happy. Thanks.

lns

engineer80 Jun 2nd 2011 6:45 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 9403724)
oh craps...not good :thumbdown: but as long as we get them a bit sooner Ill be happy. Thanks.

lns

I totally recommend the premium service. It did also take just under a week for us from what I remember but it's better than waiting a fortnight or longer for them :)

MRC23 Jun 2nd 2011 9:13 am

Totally recommend the premium service. I spent more than 90 quid for it, but the relief of seeing the police certificate in my mailbox after just two days is more than worth it :D

LinsyPinsy Jun 2nd 2011 7:16 pm

thats a bit more encouraging. We got email confirmation today that it had arrived and was getting processed less that 24 hours after we realised the original app was lost. They have assured us it will be processed in the advertised 2 days so should be with CIC Tuesday at the latest. PPR Wednesday maybe...haha

lns