Wikiposts

Delay letters

Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Delay letters

Originally Posted by mctunes
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the immigration processes to other countries are as badly managed as the Canadian one seems to be? Australia, New Zealand, UK...

Mike.
From my experiences I would say that NZ is the best system; you submit an 'Expression of Interst' which is reviewed, and if you have enough points automatically selected from the 'pool'. These selections take place every 2 weeks! (No hanging around!). If selected from the pool, you are immediately invited to apply for PR. Dead quick, and no messing. They recently increased the points reqd. to 140 though, and also the time until citizenship to 5 years (from 2 yrs). They are also the most helpful, friendly and least bureaucratic immigration people I've ever spoken to!

Australia is also pretty quick - about 6 months to get PR once you've submitted; but they make you jump through hoops to get the info to submit - like getting a skills assessment to prove you are actually in the profession you say you are! Then it's 2 years to citizenship. They are not particularly helpful though (unless you manage to get to a immigration dept office in Australia and speak to a 'real person'!).

Canada seems to be about the worst in terms of timescales and bureaucracy

Someone remind me again why we decided on Canada and not the other two...?!!!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

mctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Escapea
From my experiences I would say that NZ is the best system; you submit an 'Expression of Interst' which is reviewed, and if you have enough points automatically selected from the 'pool'. These selections take place every 2 weeks! (No hanging around!). If selected from the pool, you are immediately invited to apply for PR. Dead quick, and no messing. They recently increased the points reqd. to 140 though, and also the time until citizenship to 5 years (from 2 yrs). They are also the most helpful, friendly and least bureaucratic immigration people I've ever spoken to!

Australia is also pretty quick - about 6 months to get PR once you've submitted; but they make you jump through hoops to get the info to submit - like getting a skills assessment to prove you are actually in the profession you say you are! Then it's 2 years to citizenship. They are not particularly helpful though (unless you manage to get to a immigration dept office in Australia and speak to a 'real person'!).

Canada seems to be about the worst in terms of timescales and bureaucracy
Thanks for this. It's just what I was looking for.

Mike.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ben1970
It gets better. When you apply for your SIN card you have to fill out your name on the forms exactly as it appears on the PR card. So you end up having to write your name as 'First Name', 'Benja', 'Surname'. you then get a SIN card with your name in the same style. If you fill out the forms with your full name (as I did), the nice lady produces the bottle of correcting fluid.....
No doubt you then get done for fraud if you fail to use your real name, but you can never use your real name because it never agrees with the SIN card.

What does it matter that it doesn't match your PR card anyway? Not everyone with a SIN card has a PR card. I blame the woman with the correcting fluid..

K.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:15 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mctunes
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the immigration processes to other countries are as badly managed as the Canadian one seems to be? Australia, New Zealand, UK...

Mike.
Two people from where I work have left for Oz, one flew out yesterday and one went about a year and a half ago. One was on a skilled worker type thing and the other was a system where you had to buy a business/franchise and hire an aussie, or something like that.

They both didn't have any bother going through there separate processes and they couldn't believe what was happening with our application/process. One of the major differences, that i think all of us attempting to get to Canada really need, was the communication with the the embassy's. The one who flew out yesterday was in regular contact with Aus and asked them if it was okay to come to Aus a few weeks after his official day when he should have been there. They said that was fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! as long as it wasn't too far after the deadline date. He couldn't understand why my jaw dropped to the floor in sheer disbelief of how flexible the Aussies where. He thought I was kidding about how we where allowed to communicate with the chc and then pray for a response, worrying all the time if they would put our case to the bottom of the pile. It was only a phone call to him, to me it was a miracle. I saw these guys through the whole of their process and I can say I was completely jealous. If there's a time I wish the chc would communicate with us its now. We are not going to be able to get our medical results to the chc within the 90 days they've allowed. If they don't read and accept our email explanation of why then its goodnight from us. There is know way the Aussies would ignore you in this situation. The guys who left for Aussie occasionally had to communicate with the embassy and all there issues where sorted in a matter of minutes.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I still think the basic problem is that the Australian and New Zealand governments are serious about immigration to benefit their economy, whereas the Canadian government mostly see it as a way to buy votes.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

They are also the most helpful, friendly and least bureaucratic immigration people I've ever spoken to!
Oh, yeah, 'coz you'd never find Oz Immigration being sticklers for rules. Oh wait.

This poor woman has a body mass index that falls outside the "normal" range. Oh dear. She's automatically failed the medical and being DEPORTED (and forced to leave her Aussie husband and family behind).

K.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kt0157
Oh, yeah, 'coz you'd never find Oz Immigration being sticklers for rules. Oh wait.

This poor woman has a body mass index that falls outside the "normal" range. Oh dear. She's automatically failed the medical and being DEPORTED (and forced to leave her Aussie husband and family behind).

K.
It was the NZ immigration that I said was helpful & non-bureaucratic - certainly not the Aussie one! Their immigration dept. seem to be on a par (if not worse!) with the Canadians for having rules for rules sake, and then sticking to them!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

They're 4 months into the newly revised processing times and already they are 2 months adrift. I wonder if these letters will now start to arrive for others with different delay dates ?
I also got a letter last month saying April 2007. I also got another letter today saying June 2007.

This is now getting totally absurd.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:10 pm
Ski Bum

SkiBum will become famous soon enoughSkiBum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkG
I also got a letter last month saying April 2007. I also got another letter today saying June 2007.

This is now getting totally absurd.
Hard to believe - I was sure the first one was an error - MarkG what is your timeline?
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:09 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

It was the NZ immigration that I said was helpful & non-bureaucratic - certainly not the Aussie one! Their immigration dept. seem to be on a par (if not worse!) with the Canadians for having rules for rules sake, and then sticking to them!
Hi,

Even though NZ Immigration time scales have lengthened quite a bit, I agree with the above post about friendliness and being approachable. Can't speak for Australia or Canada as I'm not familiar with the process, apart from reading posts here. I suppose every country deals with immigration systems differently.

When my file was allocated to a NZ Case officer, I had a direct phone line to speak to him and he did answer pretty much all my questions, either by phone or email. When I was approved 7 weeks later, he insisted on meeting me when I said I'd pick my passport up and gave me lots of advice in person for when I got to NZ.

Fingers crossed all of you will hear soon,

Jen
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urbanproject
When my file was allocated to a NZ Case officer, I had a direct phone line to speak to him and he did answer pretty much all my questions, either by phone or email. When I was approved 7 weeks later, he insisted on meeting me when I said I'd pick my passport up and gave me lots of advice in person for when I got to NZ.

Jen

Cool!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hard to believe - I was sure the first one was an error - MarkG what is your timeline?
November 2004 AoR.

I'd guess the letter is bogus too, as it says they're currently assessing applications from November 2004, which is obviously wrong since no-one past July 2004 has said they got medical requests. Hopefully their computer has just screwed up and sent the letters to the wrong people.

I think I'll email them and see if I get any kind of response.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 3:04 am
Ski Bum

SkiBum will become famous soon enoughSkiBum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkG
November 2004 AoR.

I'd guess the letter is bogus too, as it says they're currently assessing applications from November 2004, which is obviously wrong since no-one past July 2004 has said they got medical requests. Hopefully their computer has just screwed up and sent the letters to the wrong people.

I think I'll email them and see if I get any kind of response.
It sounds that way. It's interesting that it states they are currently processing November 2004 - maybe these letters are being prepared in advance as they expect that by time they get to Nov 2004 submissions to need to send out more letters? Having said that, the originator of this thread refers to a second letter that is identical in every respect to his April 2007 letter, except for a new date of June 2007.

The most likely is that it is a computer error, but definitely worth following up on....Good luck with that.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Joel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the rough

Hello again

Thanks to all the people that replied.

Upon closer inspection of the second letter, it does say "At the present time, we are assessing applications submitted in November of 2004". In the first one it said April 2004.

My sister and her husband have also applied. They submitted 20/06/04, AOR 31/07/04. They haven't recieved any communication from CIC at all.

I think I will drop them an email. I'll let you all know if they reply.

It'll happen one day folks................................
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 6:52 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

We early November 04 AOR and are in the same position (got the April 07 letter a while back and the June 07 letter on Friday).

Can't say I'm convinced by the computer error theory, reckon they are just getting slower by the day ... bah!

Will be interesting to see what they have to say for themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.