Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Delay between AOR and request for medicals - trying not to worry....

Delay between AOR and request for medicals - trying not to worry....

Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

sophieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Delay between AOR and request for medicals - trying not to worry....

I have my application in for PR after getting my Certificate of Selection from Quebec earlier in the year. I sent my PR application off to the Embassy in Paris (I was living in France until a couple of weeks ago) at the beginning of March and had my AOR through at the end of May.

Looking on-line at things like the Trackitt timelines for other applicants, most people seem to have gotten their both AOR and their request to go for medicals the same day (or within a couple of days). Two and a half months after my AOR, I've still not received a request to go for medicals. Could this have gotten lost in the post? Or is this normal????

The AOR letter says I'll be asked "within 6-8 months" for more information i.e. medicals, and that I can't call to ask about the process before this time is up. Has anyone else had this long a gap between their AOR and medicals?? Am I sitting around here doing nothing when I should in fact be telling the Embassy that maybe things might have gotten lost????