Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

degrees assessment in IQAS for ECA

Wikiposts

degrees assessment in IQAS for ECA

Old Apr 2nd 2017, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default degrees assessment in IQAS for ECA

Hi
I am going to send my degrees and my wife's degrees too to IQAS to be assessed for ECA

I have few questions i wonder if someone can help me with it

1- I will send Bachelors and Master degrees in one application, so all will be assessed in one application ( I will pay once for all degrees to be assessed)?

2- Will the assessment be for each degree or just for the top one?

3- Can I provide a certifies copy for the transcript instead of the original ones?
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: degrees assessment in IQAS for ECA

Originally Posted by KenA
1- I will send Bachelors and Master degrees in one application, so all will be assessed in one application ( I will pay once for all degrees to be assessed)?
Yes, as per the IQAS website.

2- Will the assessment be for each degree or just for the top one?
It'll be for everything.

3- Can I provide a certifies copy for the transcript instead of the original ones?
No. The transcripts must be sent directly from the university to IQAS, you can't send them. As per the IQAS website - "As part of your application, your academic transcripts / statement of marks for all years of study must be sent directly to IQAS by the issuing institution."

HTH.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

are all the ECA agencies require the transcript to be sent by the Uni directly to them??
I mean this will take very long time

If there is any other agency that accept sent transcript i would go with them
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

are all the ECA agencies require the transcript to be sent by the Uni directly to them??

All require the transcripts to be sent directly by the University. It's to avoid fraud, as otherwise they can be forged, so any ECA agency will require sealed transcripts sent direct to them from the institution. It'll add on a couple of weeks, but it's the same for all applicants and it's not much in the grand scheme of things.

If you're worried about delays, then maybe the best thing to do is to have a good read of all the requirements for FSW/EE applications so that you can avoid any other unexpected delays? CIC are quite clear on what is required, and so are the ECA agencies, so the mandatory IELTS/ECA/transcripts shouldn't be unexpected, but you seem to be hoping to cut corners and apply sooner, and that's just not possible I'm afraid.

Good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't take that long, my longest took 1 month. Most higher education institutions are familiar with the requirements. One of mine was sent the very day after I requested it and it was acknowledged by WES the following week.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

I'm also submitting my ECA to IQAS but I'm confused about requesting the transcripts from my institution; I have filled in and signed the 'request of academic records' and the second part of this form has to be filled in by my issuing institution, but I'm unsure whether I send this directly to them myself, or whether I'm supposed to include this form in my package that I send to IQAS for them for forward on. Their website isn't clear on this...anyone know?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammilc
I'm also submitting my ECA to IQAS but I'm confused about requesting the transcripts from my institution; I have filled in and signed the 'request of academic records' and the second part of this form has to be filled in by my issuing institution, but I'm unsure whether I send this directly to them myself, or whether I'm supposed to include this form in my package that I send to IQAS for them for forward on. Their website isn't clear on this...anyone know?

Never mind...I just found the correlating information! For anyone else wondering- this document has to be sent separately, directly to the institution by yourself!