Wikiposts

degree & work skills

Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default degree & work skills

Hi

me and my wife are looking at obtaining a Skilled Workers Visa based on her qualifications and work experience.

My wife's current job(Market Research Analyst) isn't on the 38 occuapations list, however she did teach English as a second language in a language institute(which is on the list) in Japan for about 15 months in 2004/2005. Neither her degree or postgrad are in teaching, does her degree need to be in her skilled job or would any degree do?

thanks
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: degree & work skills

Hi
Just to check its your wife who will be the primary applicant for the fsw visa, and will it be a cat1 application type ?
In regard to your wifes 'qualifications and work experience' as long as she can prove she has 1 years min experience in the last 10 years on any job on the list of 38 she can apply. Her education will play its part in accruing points of which the primary applicant will require 67 in total.
hope helps
regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Sep 25th 2009 at 5:25 am.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

thanks Joinerboy

yes, my wife would be the main applicant, and we seem to be fine regarding the points test.
excuse my ignorance here but what do ye mean by cat1 application?

thanks
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:29 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty1974

FSW Cat 1 refers to those applying due to occupation being on the list of 38 occupations

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

Extract from CIC website for you..

There are three categories under the Federal Skilled Worker Class:

Category 1: For persons in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in the Ministerial Instructions and have evidence of one year of continuous full-time (or full-time equivalent) experience in that occupation;
•Category 2: For persons who have arranged employment offer with a Canadian employer; or
•Category 3: For students or workers who are legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months immediately before submitting their application.
There are two other programs for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents. They are as follows:

•Provincial Nominee; and
•Quebec Skilled Workers.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Joinerboy

yes, my wife would be the main applicant, and we seem to be fine regarding the points test.

thanks
Hi scotty1974
Checkout the good info Bali2010 as detailed and see if there is a particular application route that will suit you & the wife best.
regards
Joinerboy
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

appreciate the reply lads - thanks!

I suspected we were ok to apply, we had been told as much by a visa consultant here in Ireland but I spoke to someone different in the office(a receptionist I think) who said we wouldn't be able to apply as my wifes degree/postgrad wasn't in teaching. That just threw me a bit
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:46 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

appreciate the reply lads - thanks!
Just to clarify - is 'lass'!