deemed rehab

Old May 19th 2017, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Peterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: deemed rehab

Originally Posted by Peterdk
Hi again,

I have the "info only" application ready thanks to your help! Now rady to submut it. As I am in the US and therefore have a Mailing Address here is seems to be as per below. I am just curious here; did you guys do the same i.e. via postage to your local consulate and then they actually replied back VIA postage to the address you had indicated? or did they email you? I am curious especially because the EtA system is electronically, but this is via postage so obviously the systems are not talking together at all.

you are applying from United States of America, mail your application to:
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada in New York
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York
10020-1175
United States of America
OR
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
United States of America
If your mailing address is in the USA:
provide a self-addressed United States Postal Service (USPS) Express Mail or Priority Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp attached. Metered postage is not accepted.
keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope at www.USPS.com. Priority Mail envelopes do not have a tracking number.
if you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.
enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
Ok, I have sent "info only" application off today via post. I did not include police certificate from US ("any place that you have lived for more than 6 months") as I dont think it will be relevant for them on the "info only" unless they ask me to make a full application for rehab of course.. also I just included the equivalent statutes under Canadian Law on the application itself (under convictions) and not as an additional attachment. Will let you know how it goes and hopefully this thread can help more people in future.
Old May 20th 2017, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peterdk
Ok, I have sent "info only" application off today via post. I did not include police certificate from US ("any place that you have lived for more than 6 months") as I dont think it will be relevant for them on the "info only" unless they ask me to make a full application for rehab of course.. also I just included the equivalent statutes under Canadian Law on the application itself (under convictions) and not as an additional attachment. Will let you know how it goes and hopefully this thread can help more people in future.
We posted to the London embassy, received reply via email with a letter attached.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Peterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond reputePeterdk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponylife
We posted to the London embassy, received reply via email with a letter attached.
UPDATE:

Today I got an envelope from the Canadian embassy in New York with the application papers enclosed. Enclosed is also a letter where it is ticked off that they could not process the application as A) no fee was paid (CAD 200)
and B) no passport photos were enclosed... aarggh!

Strangely enough there was also written with a pen on the application papers a note saying "no fee"... seems I got caught with a bad day from a processing officer at the Immigration Section as I have ticked off "for information only" i.e. no fee to pay and as its not an actual application I also do not need to enclose passport photos...

Will try again and enclose a covering letter to clarify and hope for more luck.

Brgds
Peter