Resume at Citizenship Test

Old Apr 11th 2018, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Resume at Citizenship Test

Hey all,

Just a quick post in case anyone has any insight here.

We have our citizenship test on Friday, and I was one of the lucky ones to be randomly selected for the quality assurance exercise (http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...idence-907039/).

Given I was selected for that, I received a call from IRCC yesterday double checking I'd got the invite and also asking for a few extra original docs to be brought. They were mostly things that had been requested in the original application, or in the follow-up QA exercise. The one puzzling one though that was added on at the end was a request to bring a recent copy of my resume.

Not that it really matters (I can easily produce this), but any idea why they'd want a copy of that? Does anyone have any suggestions why that may be? I provided a bunch of extra employment related things during the QA exercise, including detailed letters from my employers about when I worked for them, what I did, etc. So I guess the resume is related to that, but a resume can pretty much say anything I want it to, lol. So just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks,

Graham.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resume at Citizenship Test

Interesting...sounds weird to me. What if you were retired or a stay at home parent and your last resume was from 10-15 years ago? Seems irrelevant.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

britasian is an unknown quantity at this point

Were you in contract employment as opposed to permanent?
Old Apr 17th 2018, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

Maybe they want to offer you a job as they were so impressed with how well you handled the QA!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Thanks for the replies all. And to answer one question, nope, all my employment was permanent positions.

I especially liked the one suggesting they may want to offer me a job, haha.

I asked the question while there, and the purpose of the resume is really just a credibility check. Say your resume doesn't line up with other things you've submitted, or perhaps what you say on LinkedIn if they search for you, then your credibility comes into question and they wonder where else you may be lying.

All of the QA stuff can essentially be tied back to proof that you did indeed live in Canada. I asked about quite a lot of it, haha.

Thanks!