Wikiposts

Declaration Source of Funds

Old Feb 21st 2002, 4:26 am
Al

Default Declaration Source of Funds

Hi All

I'm US resident. My brother is going to immigrate to Canada from Turkey soon. For the
proof of funds, he opened a bank account in Toronto and I sent to his account the
necessary funds of CAD$10,000 from the US. To get his visa he asked the bank for a
letter regarding the proof of his funds. The bank sent him the form (479) called
"Declaration Source of Funds" where information and identification details of the
person depositing or completing a transaction involving cash are needed. What the
hell is that? Please help!

Thanks!

Old Feb 21st 2002, 6:05 am
Webimmigration.

Default Re: Declaration Source of Funds

Hi:

All bank transactions $10,000 or more must be reported in Canada. Your brother must
declare the source of these funds, to ensure that they are from legitimate sources.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"Al" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All
    >
    > I'm US resident. My brother is going to immigrate to Canada from Turkey soon. For
    > the proof of funds, he opened a bank account in Toronto and I sent to his account
    > the necessary funds of CAD$10,000 from the US. To get his visa he asked the bank
    > for a letter regarding the proof of his funds. The bank sent him the form (479)
    > called "Declaration Source of Funds" where information and identification details
    > of the person depositing or completing a transaction involving cash are needed.
    > What the hell is that? Please help!
    >
    > Thanks!

Old Feb 22nd 2002, 3:25 am
David Cohen

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...
    > Hi All
    >
    > I'm US resident. My brother is going to immigrate to Canada from Turkey soon. For
    > the proof of funds, he opened a bank account in Toronto and I sent to his account
    > the necessary funds of CAD$10,000 from the US. To get his visa he asked the bank
    > for a letter regarding the proof of his funds. The bank sent him the form (479)
    > called "Declaration Source of Funds" where information and identification details
    > of the person depositing or completing a transaction involving cash are needed.
    > What the hell is that? Please help!

There may have been some miscommunication with the bank. Ask that they provide a
"bank statement." There should not be any complication in obtaining such.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Feb 22nd 2002, 1:26 pm
Pmm

David

"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected] >,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > I'm US resident. My brother is going to immigrate to Canada from Turkey soon. For
    > > the proof of funds, he opened a bank account in Toronto and I sent to his account
    > > the necessary funds of CAD$10,000 from the US. To get his visa he asked the bank
    > > for a letter regarding the proof of his funds. The bank sent him the form (479)
    > > called "Declaration Source of Funds" where information and identification details
    > > of the person depositing or completing a transaction involving cash are needed.
    > > What the hell is that? Please help!
    >
    > There may have been some miscommunication with the bank. Ask that they provide a
    > "bank statement." There should not be any complication in obtaining such.
    > ________
    > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
    > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com
    >
    > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Deposit over 10K, the bank is supposed to determine source of funds.

PMM