declaration question

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:58 am
Just Joined

daraplumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default declaration question

Hello sir/Madam
I have got a pr through the pnp programme.On my corp where there is written conditions it is written-00.Now my question is that I have signed a declaration with provincial govt. that is as under.

http://www.gnb.ca/immigration/englis...kit/006ENG.PDF

Please read it and let me know that if I dont open a buisness or some other buisness what i have mentioned in my processing can be a problem for me.If i stay there for the first one year and latter move some other province can it be a problem for me.I am only afraid as new brunswick has very little population.experts please let me know more about the detail of my agreement what I have signed to get pr.
Regards.
daraplumber
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 2:16 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: declaration question

You have applied under NB PNP program because you couldn't qualify under federal program (NB PNP policy is that they don't accept applicants who qualify under federal program). Now you need to meet your obligations as set up in the PNP (settling in NB and starting business as applied for and accepted by NB) - failure to do so may lead to revokation of your status by CIC on or without request from NB. Your PR visa was issued because you declared to settle in NB and starrt an acceptable business there. CIC is getting quite strict lately with those who try to circumvent the rules. You knew what you are getting yourself into and now you need to fulfill your obligations.

Originally Posted by daraplumber
Hello sir/Madam
I have got a pr through the pnp programme.On my corp where there is written conditions it is written-00.Now my question is that I have signed a declaration with provincial govt. that is as under.

http://www.gnb.ca/immigration/englis...kit/006ENG.PDF

Please read it and let me know that if I dont open a buisness or some other buisness what i have mentioned in my processing can be a problem for me.If i stay there for the first one year and latter move some other province can it be a problem for me.I am only afraid as new brunswick has very little population.experts please let me know more about the detail of my agreement what I have signed to get pr.
Regards.
daraplumber
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:09 am
Just Joined

daraplumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You have applied under NB PNP program because you couldn't qualify under federal program (NB PNP policy is that they don't accept applicants who qualify under federal program). Now you need to meet your obligations as set up in the PNP (settling in NB and starting business as applied for and accepted by NB) - failure to do so may lead to revokation of your status by CIC on or without request from NB. Your PR visa was issued because you declared to settle in NB and starrt an acceptable business there. CIC is getting quite strict lately with those who try to circumvent the rules. You knew what you are getting yourself into and now you need to fulfill your obligations.
Sir Andrew Miller,
Thanks for your reply but in the above declaration what I sign there is no mention to open a buisness there is only my declaration that I will settle in this province.If possible please read the agreement again and give me some advise as each province has different aggrement and some also take good faith deposite what i have not paid in my case.
regards.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:17 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

What is important is which NB PNP program you applied under - as a "Job Offer Applicant" or as a "Business Applicant".

In both programs you are required to become permanent resident of NB.

If you applied as a Business Applicant then one of the conditions of having PNP certificate granted and subsequently PR visa is that you implement the business plan (as approved by NB at the time of your PNP application), assuming either active ownership or a managerial role.

Because you asked about business plan from your application I have assumed that you applied as Business Applicant for NB's PNP.

If you applied as Job Offer Applicant then you had a guaranteed job offer from company in NB and didn't need any business plan.

The declaration you signed is only one of many factors - the most important is that you applied for PR visa under NB PNP and just by doing so (regardless signed declaration) you already declared that you will become a resident of NB - signed declaration only makes it easier for CIC to get you out of Canada if you fail to fulfill your obligations.

As I said - CIC is getting really tough on abusers trying to circumvent federal program by going though PNP without later fulfilling their obligation to nominating Province.

Originally Posted by daraplumber
Sir Andrew Miller,
Thanks for your reply but in the above declaration what I sign there is no mention to open a buisness there is only my declaration that I will settle in this province.If possible please read the agreement again and give me some advise as each province has different aggrement and some also take good faith deposite what i have not paid in my case.
regards.