Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Decision Made - Family class dependant "child"

Decision Made - Family class dependant "child"

Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of
Default Decision Made - Family class dependant "child"

So after being told by the Knightsbridge DMP that she couldn't be sponsored under family class as a dependent child, my 20 year old daughter has got PR in quick time!

Application received September 17, 2013
Started processing November 5, 2013
Decision Made!!

She received the letter today with her COPR

I'm so happy! And shocked it was so quick! My son's took 10 months last year!

Now all that is left is for her to graduate from Oxford University next summer and then she can move over
Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:01 am

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision Made - Family class dependant "child"

Originally Posted by Little D View Post
So after being told by the Knightsbridge DMP that she couldn't be sponsored under family class as a dependent child, my 20 year old daughter has got PR in quick time!

Application received September 17, 2013
Started processing November 5, 2013
Decision Made!!

She received the letter today with her COPR

I'm so happy! And shocked it was so quick! My son's took 10 months last year!

Now all that is left is for her to graduate from Oxford University next summer and then she can move over
The DMP was talking through his bum!

Glad to hear it went through quickly and without any further problems. Don't forget she will need to 'land' before the expiry date on the COPR, even if she doesn't move over permanently.

Congrats!

Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:14 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I remember your post about that
so happy for you

bet the urge to call the DMP and go " nee nerr nee nerr" is very strong right now !!!!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Thanks Siouxie and Zoe.

I'm so chuffed.....and glad we proved the DMP wrong lol.

She has until September 11 to land, I was hoping she could make it over for Christmas, but she's not going to be able to. So she'll be coming back with me in June or July after she graduates
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the DMP's duty to comment upon medical issues? It's for CIC to determine whether the criteria for dependency have been established.

I'm glad to hear that you have obtained what you were seeking.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian View Post
Isn't the DMP's duty to comment upon medical issues? It's for CIC to determine whether the criteria for dependency have been established.

I'm glad to hear that you have obtained what you were seeking.
Actually the DMP is not supposed to discuss the medical either, unless the medical shows that the person has a condition/disease that they are not a ware of. The DMP is supposed to then refer the person to their personal physician.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

I was definitely not impressed by their attitude. You'd have thought the DMP wouldn't care if she was eligible or not.... They would've still got paid!