British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Decision Made - Family class dependant "child" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/decision-made-family-class-dependant-child-815653/)

Little D Nov 20th 2013 2:01 am

Decision Made - Family class dependant "child"

So after being told by the Knightsbridge DMP that she couldn't be sponsored under family class as a dependent child, my 20 year old daughter has got PR in quick time!

Application received September 17, 2013
Started processing November 5, 2013
Decision Made!!

She received the letter today with her COPR :thumbsup:

I'm so happy! And shocked it was so quick! My son's took 10 months last year!

Now all that is left is for her to graduate from Oxford University next summer and then she can move over :thumbsup:

Siouxie Nov 20th 2013 3:01 am

Re: Decision Made - Family class dependant "child"

Originally Posted by Little D (Post 10999109)
So after being told by the Knightsbridge DMP that she couldn't be sponsored under family class as a dependent child, my 20 year old daughter has got PR in quick time!

Application received September 17, 2013
Started processing November 5, 2013
Decision Made!!

She received the letter today with her COPR :thumbsup:

I'm so happy! And shocked it was so quick! My son's took 10 months last year!

Now all that is left is for her to graduate from Oxford University next summer and then she can move over :thumbsup:

The DMP was talking through his bum!

Glad to hear it went through quickly and without any further problems. Don't forget she will need to 'land' before the expiry date on the COPR, even if she doesn't move over permanently.

Congrats!

:thumbsup:

Zoe Bell Nov 20th 2013 12:14 pm

I remember your post about that
so happy for you

bet the urge to call the DMP and go " nee nerr nee nerr" is very strong right now !!!!

Little D Nov 21st 2013 1:49 am

Thanks Siouxie and Zoe. :D

I'm so chuffed.....and glad we proved the DMP wrong lol.

She has until September 11 to land, I was hoping she could make it over for Christmas, but she's not going to be able to. So she'll be coming back with me in June or July after she graduates :D

Almost Canadian Nov 21st 2013 4:45 pm

Isn't the DMP's duty to comment upon medical issues? It's for CIC to determine whether the criteria for dependency have been established.

I'm glad to hear that you have obtained what you were seeking.:p

PMM Nov 21st 2013 6:11 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 11001768)
Isn't the DMP's duty to comment upon medical issues? It's for CIC to determine whether the criteria for dependency have been established.

I'm glad to hear that you have obtained what you were seeking.:p

Actually the DMP is not supposed to discuss the medical either, unless the medical shows that the person has a condition/disease that they are not a ware of. The DMP is supposed to then refer the person to their personal physician.

Little D Nov 22nd 2013 12:51 am

I was definitely not impressed by their attitude. You'd have thought the DMP wouldn't care if she was eligible or not.... They would've still got paid!