Wikiposts

Decision made

Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

navk13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decision made

CIC asked me to update information in the month of Nov 2006. I updated in Feb 2007. Later AGAIN CIC asked me to clarify the approval status of educational institution where i studied.

I provided relevant copies for the same last week.

Now today E CAS changed " decision made " This office will contact you concerning the decision

what does it mean? Is it rejection or medical request?

I request some senior members to clarify this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by navk13; Apr 30th 2007 at 6:02 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Decision made

If a decision has been made and you haven't received a request to go for medicals then my interpretation would be that your application has been refused based upon your supporting documentation being insufficient to clarify the approval status of the educational institution where you studied.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
If a decision has been made and you haven't received a request to go for medicals then my interpretation would be that your application has been refused based upon your supporting documentation being insufficient to clarify the approval status of the educational institution where you studied.
May be a decision has been taken to send medical req or interview na?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure from what people have said before, 'decision made' just means that some kind of decision has been made in the process. So it could be medicals, or interview or whatever.

So don't assume it's a refusal yet.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkG
I'm sure from what people have said before, 'decision made' just means that some kind of decision has been made in the process. So it could be medicals, or interview or whatever.

I only pray it could be either medical or interview. I am still hoping some good decision comes from CIC

Thanx Mark G
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkG

During my application process e-cas status remained as "in-process" until medical results were received.

My e-cas status changed to "decision made" when my application was approved and passport request was sent out.

Once I landed e-cas status changed to "complete".
Old May 1st 2007, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by navk13
CIC asked me to update information in the month of Nov 2006. I updated in Feb 2007. Later AGAIN CIC asked me to clarify the approval status of educational institution where i studied.

I provided relevant copies for the same last week.

Now today E CAS changed " decision made " This office will contact you concerning the decision

what does it mean? Is it rejection or medical request?

I request some senior members to clarify this.

Thanks in advance

Dont take too much tension as of now. From past threads in this forum, i am quite sure that "Decision Made" means just that - a decision is made. it could be a positive decision or a negetive decision.

you will be informed about it soon. I would not worry too much. hopefully u would get medical request soon.

regs
Old May 1st 2007, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Dont take too much tension as of now. From past threads in this forum, i am quite sure that "Decision Made" means just that - a decision is made. it could be a positive decision or a negetive decision.

you will be informed about it soon. I would not worry too much. hopefully u would get medical request soon.

regs
Thanx to all for info.

If i order CAIPS will it be useful at this stage? And to me, if it is a negative decision, the assesment is wrong. Is there ways to appeal?

Also is there any official meaning to " decision made"
in CIC websites?
Old May 1st 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanx to all for info.

If i order CAIPS will it be useful at this stage? And to me, if it is a negative decision, the assesment is wrong. Is there ways to appeal?

in CIC websites?
PMM,
Your advice plz..

What is " decision made " in my case?
Old May 1st 2007, 6:59 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

PMM,
Your advice plz..

What is " decision made " in my case?
You will only know what decision was made, if you get a letter from CHC or request your CAIPS file.
Old May 1st 2007, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

in CIC websites?
If you log into e-cas, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Application for Permanent Residence For Family Class Members Living Outside Canada" then a new window will open showing a diagram of the application process.

Against "Decision Made" you will find the following:

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

These 3 steps are performed in this order, so, as I stated before, If a decision has been made and you haven't received a request to go for medicals then my interpretation would be that your application has been rejected based upon your supporting documentation being insufficient to clarify the approval status of the educational institution where you studied.

Last edited by RodseyUK; May 1st 2007 at 7:12 am.
Old May 1st 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
If you log into e-cas, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Application for Permanent Residence For Family Class Members Living Outside Canada" then a new window will open showing a diagram of the application process.

Against "Decision Made" you will find the following:

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

These 3 steps are performed in this order, so, as I stated before, If a decision has been made and you haven't received a request to go for medicals then my interpretation would be that your application has been rejected based upon your supporting documentation being insufficient to clarify the approval status of the educational institution where you studied.
Yes,
I noted this.

It means either approval status determined, or rejected.

I dont think there are three steps at this stage. But there are three meanings.

Last edited by navk13; May 1st 2007 at 3:55 pm.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Yes,
I noted this.

It means either approval status determined, or rejected.

I dont think there are three steps at this stage. But there are three meanings.
Having been through the process myself I know that all immigrants must undergo and pass a medical examination (step 1) before the approval status is determined (step 2) and permanent residence status is determined (step 3).

I think you are missing the point, yes "decision made" means that approval status has been determined, however, if CIC haven't written to you and asked you to go for your medical and a decision has been made then in your case approval status has been determined based upon your application and supporting documentation.
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

confusedyouwillbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Yikes! I just managed to log in to e-cas for the first time just now and it says, under Sponsorship Application Status: DECISION MADE and under Permanent Residence Application Status: NOT AVAILABLE

Clicking DECISION MADE gives:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on April 2, 2007.
We started processing your application on April 25, 2007.
We sent you a letter on April 30, 2007 about the decision on your application.

What does that mean! I suppose I can wait a few days and find out, but... is it likely to be something we've missed out, photos wrong, or an outright rejection (why?), or what?? Any insight gratefully received!
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by confusedyouwillbe
Yikes! I just managed to log in to e-cas for the first time just now and it says, under Sponsorship Application Status: DECISION MADE and under Permanent Residence Application Status: NOT AVAILABLE

Clicking DECISION MADE gives:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on April 2, 2007.
We started processing your application on April 25, 2007.
We sent you a letter on April 30, 2007 about the decision on your application.

What does that mean! I suppose I can wait a few days and find out, but... is it likely to be something we've missed out, photos wrong, or an outright rejection (why?), or what?? Any insight gratefully received!
I wouldn't worry too much if yours is a sponsorship application as the process is different from Skilled Worker. I would imagine that the sponsor has been approved and that you will receive further instructions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.