Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

decision has been made for pr but heard nothing ?

decision has been made for pr but heard nothing ?

Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default decision has been made for pr but heard nothing ?

I have been checking my status online through the cic website and wondering when i should hear anythin else off them

sponsorship application approved on 30th nov 09
letter to me saying they require no further information 14th jan 09
medicals have been received around 17th jan 09
A decision has been made on application. The office will contact updated on 24th jan

I have heard nothing since,should i be worried or is this normal ?,
cic did have my canadian address but i did inform them through post and online of my uk address,if cic do send them to the canadain address i supplied my gf would receive them so at least i would know but i thought i would of heard something by now.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: decision has been made for pr but heard nothing ?

Hi
I would send them a case specific e-mail and ask them, in case they did not update your address, or your letter was sent to the right address but has gone missing
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by leeps
I have been checking my status online through the cic website and wondering when i should hear anythin else off them

sponsorship application approved on 30th nov 09
letter to me saying they require no further information 14th jan 09
medicals have been received around 17th jan 09
A decision has been made on application. The office will contact updated on 24th jan

cic did have my canadian address but i did inform them through post and online of my uk address,if cic do send them to the canadain address i supplied my gf would receive them so at least i would know but i thought i would of heard something by now.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

It's been just over a month since the update. I'd give it another month and if you haven't heard anything then send them a case specific e-mail enquiring. It's just that CIC can be ponderously slow at times.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Sorry I disagree, OP should do it as soon as possible, they will reply and it will put a worried mind to rest
Stef

Originally Posted by PaulOK
It's been just over a month since the update. I'd give it another month and if you haven't heard anything then send them a case specific e-mail enquiring. It's just that CIC can be ponderously slow at times.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Sorry I disagree, OP should do it as soon as possible, they will reply and it will put a worried mind to rest
Stef
Yeah if they have made PPR then you get 45 days to submit passports
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Did you put your email address on the application forms? I did. When it came to notifying me of the decision, I received an email and nothing in the post. Check your email and do as the others have said and send off a case specific enquiry using the online form as well.

abaddon
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

has anyone got a link so i can send an enquiry to them ?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone got a link so i can send an enquiry to them ?
Try this:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

thanks its a stupid question but where is the file number ?,it says on the letter i will find it on the top left hand corner of the envelope but i dont have the envelope anymore,is it any where on the letter ?, there is a reference number 13 digits long but it wont accept that,there is also some digits on the opposite side bottom right hand corner ?

Last edited by craig25; Feb 26th 2010 at 8:26 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Have u checked the email they sent to u well. Normally the email u have the same wording as the letter they will mail , so i am sure somewhere i nthe email t sad to forwarded yr passport.

if u are in Uk, London then i will say print the email out and go the the Embassy on thursday and give yr passport in and after 2 weeks on thursday go back to collect passport with shinny visa in it.. i am sure

read yr email again , pls, if not like other have advice send the email 1st thing on Monday morning???

good luck
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
The file number usually starts with a letter (in Capitals) ie B01455126 (ive made this one up, but it is a similar format to mine. You could not have had a look at your status on e-cas without a number. That is the number to use
Good luck
Stef

thanks its a stupid question but where is the file number ?,it says on the letter i will find it on the top left hand corner of the envelope but i dont have the envelope anymore,is it any where on the letter ?, there is a reference number 13 digits long but it wont accept that,there is also some digits on the opposite side bottom right hand corner ?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

i was using my gfs surname and client id number to use ecas they gave my gf when they said she has been approved to sponsor me,i thought i would have a different file number for my application ?

i have received one letter from them,it was we require additional information,and we require additional documents marked,they ticked the box we no longer require your personal items,then around 1 week later i checked my gfs application online and said we have made a decision on the application and we will contact me on the decision. the only number i can see on the letter is 013 on the side of the barcode then on top it starts with a b and 9 numbers long, i guess that is my file number ?, i feel stupid asking this question but i have emailed them twice with this number and still no responce by email, i have also checked the spam box.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Yes the file number does usually begin with a letter and a sequence of 9 numbers. If you have been using your GF's client number though, then that, I suspect, is the number you should use for any correspondence, afterall you have found info under that reference, so use that...is my advice. See what happens. If the application is in your GF's name, sorry to state the obvious, but did you enter her details with the ref no's? It will only work using the main applicant's details. Try E-cas using the B number and her details, see if that brings up the same info as the client ref did? If so,you will need to look for a number to ring them.
Hope this helps
Stef

i was using my gfs surname and client id number to use ecas they gave my gf when they said she has been approved to sponsor me,i thought i would have a different file number for my application ?

i have received one letter from them,it was we require additional information,and we require additional documents marked,they ticked the box we no longer require your personal items,then around 1 week later i checked my gfs application online and said we have made a decision on the application and we will contact me on the decision. the only number i can see on the letter is 013 on the side of the barcode then on top it starts with a b and 9 numbers long, i guess that is my file number ?, i feel stupid asking this question but i have emailed them twice with this number and still no responce by email, i have also checked the spam box.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all your help,i never thought i could check my pr status doing an outland application,instead of entering my gfs information i just entered mine and it came up with decision made on application and they will inform me of the decision,it also shows my new address which i supplied 3 weeks ago so they did get my new address but never informed me that they received it, i sent them another ecas last night but i wish i didnt now as i have heard if you contact them for no urgent reason they put your application on hold or to the back,is this true ?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
No I don't think that is true. If they have generic queries where the information can be found elsewhere, they simply will not reply. But case specific stuff is different. I have not known them not reply to those enquiries
Hope this helps
Let us know what happens next?
lol
Stef

thanks for all your help,i never thought i could check my pr status doing an outland application,instead of entering my gfs information i just entered mine and it came up with decision made on application and they will inform me of the decision,it also shows my new address which i supplied 3 weeks ago so they did get my new address but never informed me that they received it, i sent them another ecas last night but i wish i didnt now as i have heard if you contact them for no urgent reason they put your application on hold or to the back,is this true ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.