Dear Mr. Miller,

Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:27 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Dear Mr. Miller,

Hello

Thank you again for all your help thus far.
As you may have seen, I have been posting some thread regarding family members and the statutory declaration of common-law union.

Last Friday my BF and I went to the Hague where the paper was signed and stamped by the Comm. of Oaths. we brought along ALL of our proof (photos, story, intent, cards, letters, you name it) and she didn't even bother to look at it.

Now, looking back at the threads where we have corresponed, you state that our intention also needed to be signed by this woman, however no such thing was done - which we thought was odd - I mean, otherwise we wouldn;t have brought it all with us.

Now I am concerned that this will hold no bearing as her signature and stamp is only on the IMM 5409 document and on no other papers.

Ideas?
Scared stiffless,
Fluffy!!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:37 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dear Mr. Miller,

What intention and signed by what woman?

If you are talking about Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union then yes, it has to be sworn and signed by both partners before commissioner of oath (or anyone similar who in particular jusridiction is authorized to administer the oath) and then commissioner of aoth should put his/her seal on it and sign it.

Any other declaration in the form of statutory declaration will also have to be signed and sealed by commissioner administering the oath and witnessing the signature.

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
Hello

Thank you again for all your help thus far.
As you may have seen, I have been posting some thread regarding family members and the statutory declaration of common-law union.

Last Friday my BF and I went to the Hague where the paper was signed and stamped by the Comm. of Oaths. we brought along ALL of our proof (photos, story, intent, cards, letters, you name it) and she didn't even bother to look at it.

Now, looking back at the threads where we have corresponed, you state that our intention also needed to be signed by this woman, however no such thing was done - which we thought was odd - I mean, otherwise we wouldn;t have brought it all with us.

Now I am concerned that this will hold no bearing as her signature and stamp is only on the IMM 5409 document and on no other papers.

Ideas?
Scared stiffless,
Fluffy!!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:39 pm

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What intention and signed by what woman?

If you are talking about Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union then yes, it has to be sworn and signed by both partners before commissioner of oath (or anyone similar who in particular jusridiction is authorized to administer the oath) and then commissioner of aoth should put his/her seal on it and sign it.

Any other declaration in the form of statutory declaration will also have to be signed and sealed by commissioner administering the oath and witnessing the signature.
Dear Mr Miller,
Yes, the actual Statutory Declaration was stamped and signed, however, all the supporting documents to prove our relationship, such as our story about us and our relatiosnhip and our intent to move to Canada was not.
We were surprised having brought all this other info, which we thought would be stamped and signed, that she didn't even look at it.
However, we did write all of our proof down on the Stst. Dec, in the oart where is asks you to write down any other evidence you may have to prove your relationship: there we did state everything that is included, but again, she didn't even look at it.
Your advice? we ourselves are thinking abhout going back to our notary/lawyer to get the other papers stamped and signed - yes or no?
Thank again,
Fluffy (Leah)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for cutting in here, and I'm sure Mr. Miller will answer your question. I just wanted to share our experience with you. We also had to fill in the Common-Law Statutory Declaration; however, we didn't bring in any paperwork showing evidence of our relationship, nor did the commissioner ask for it. It's my understanding that your just making a declaration in front of the commissioner of oath, and he is a witness to that declaration and signs the form. All evidence of your relationship will be evaluated by CIC not the commissioner of oath.

Also, if you want a Declaration in the matter of intent to move to Canada, you should make a separate declaration in that matter. I designed my own using the Common-law Declaration as a template.

Dear Mr Miller,
Yes, the actual Statutory Declaration was stamped and signed, however, all the supporting documents to prove our relationship, such as our story about us and our relatiosnhip and our intent to move to Canada was not.
We were surprised having brought all this other info, which we thought would be stamped and signed, that she didn't even look at it.
However, we did write all of our proof down on the Stst. Dec, in the oart where is asks you to write down any other evidence you may have to prove your relationship: there we did state everything that is included, but again, she didn't even look at it.
Your advice? we ourselves are thinking abhout going back to our notary/lawyer to get the other papers stamped and signed - yes or no?
Thank again,
Fluffy (Leah)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:15 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Why commissioner of oath should sign your evidence in the first place. She could only confirm what she witnessed - you taking the oath and signing declaration. She has no idea about evidence you brought, it's origin, truthfulness or authenticity. It is your problem to make it conslusive and making sure that it is providing true information.

Dear Mr Miller,
Thank again,
Fluffy (Leah)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Why commissioner of oath should sign your evidence in the first place. She could only confirm what she witnessed - you taking the oath and signing declaration. She has no idea about evidence you brought, it's origin, truthfulness or authenticity. It is your problem to make it conslusive and making sure that it is providing true information.
Fluffy we didnt get evidence signed either, all our commissioner asked was whether we swore that the declaration we were signing was truthful we said yes and she signed it.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by vietcan
Sorry for cutting in here, and I'm sure Mr. Miller will answer your question. I just wanted to share our experience with you. We also had to fill in the Common-Law Statutory Declaration; however, we didn't bring in any paperwork showing evidence of our relationship, nor did the commissioner ask for it. It's my understanding that your just making a declaration in front of the commissioner of oath, and he is a witness to that declaration and signs the form. All evidence of your relationship will be evaluated by CIC not the commissioner of oath.

Also, if you want a Declaration in the matter of intent to move to Canada, you should make a separate declaration in that matter. I designed my own using the Common-law Declaration as a template.

Thanks to you all - hearing it come from your mouths is comforting! My brain is ready to explode, so I shall relax......... and down that wine I've been planning on downing since... well, a long time! Cheers to you all, Fluffy (leah)